Argh, libgd + PHP 5 + MySQL won't install!

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by wrldwzrd89, Jun 19, 2007.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Using several guides on the Internet to getting PHP and libgd to work together, I managed to get all the different libraries libgd uses to work, but when I try to do a make and make install after configuring PHP as follows:

Code:
    ./configure --with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql --with-gd-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr/local --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-freetype2-dir=/usr/local --with-xpm-dir=/usr/local --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local
    I get two error messages:
    1) When I run the test script it complains about not being able to find libmysql15.so. This file is in /usr/local/mysql/lib/ but the script is looking for it in /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql/, which doesn't exist.
    2) When installing PEAR, I get a Trace/BPT trap error.

2. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Finally fixed this... I had to create a symbolic link to get PHP to find the MySQL libraries. Dunno why it wants to look in /usr/local/mysql/lib/mysql instead of /usr/local/mysql/lib...

3. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

gd is included with MAMP, any particular reason you didn't use this (or XAMPP)?

4. wrldwzrd89 thread starter macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I did not know MAMP existed until you told me.

5. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

I can't even count how many times I compiled crap the hard way and then discovered these!