Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

btrav13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Oklahoma
So my wife "accidentally" set up her Gmail account under my "Mail" icon. Previously, I did not have any email accounts on here, and I certainly don't want hers pushing to my iPad constantly.

I tried syncing it and then seeing if her email showed up "Info" and "Sync Mail Accounts" in iTunes, but it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea how to unsync this email account?

btrav13

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Oklahoma
Yea, fixed it...going into Preferences and Mail accounts on the iPad itself didn't occur to me until just now...lesson learned, don't let wife touch iPad haha!

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
So my wife "accidentally" set up her Gmail account under my "Mail" icon. Previously, I did not have any email accounts on here, and I certainly don't want hers pushing to my iPad constantly.

I tried syncing it and then seeing if her email showed up "Info" and "Sync Mail Accounts" in iTunes, but it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea how to unsync this email account?

Settings, Mail, Gmail, Delete Account.

NikFinn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2009
MA
Try Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar. Then a list of email accounts will show up. You can "click" on each one and either delete it or, or turn off mail syncing.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007

Glad you got that fixed right away. :). But come'on, "Accidentally"? It takes quite a few steps including typing in your email address and password when setting up an account through Mail. Just say it, "My Wife Didn't Know What She Was Doing....". :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.