Argh, my MBP wasn't delivered..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Radio Monk33, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

Well, its not really a technical question, but maybe you guys can help me. My package from Fed Ex with my eagerly awaited computer arrived today and it seems like they tried to deliver it to my apartment but no one was home...so supposedly it's waiting at the local facility. Do you know if I can go to the Fedex center and pick it up myself? Call them to arrange a time? Otherwise, no one is home during the day...er let alone to sign for it. :(

It's all very stressful, I just want my beautiful computer..

Even stranger, it says not delivered, incorrect address...but the shipping address is correct!

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

You can go pick it up. That is why they tell you that. Alternativly you can have it redirected to your Apt. Complex Office or a local FedEx Kinkos.

TEG

3. MacBookJoePro macrumors regular

Usually you can go pick it up later in the day, close to closing time. They should have it there for you at the local pick up facility. Call them up and see their hours for pickup. Go get it!!!

-JoE

4. Radio Monk33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool, thanks TEG. I guess I'll try and find a customer service number to get me connected to the Vancouver facility to see what I have to do next, whether to let them know that I want it redirected or to pick up. Don't suppose anyone has experience or knowledge of if I can do it through the website? Didn't see any documentation on picking stuff up or redirecting it to other locations.

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

You could also print out a pre-sign paper so when they come to deliver the next time they'll just leave it. But I don't think I'd want a brand new MBP sitting outside my apartment door.

6. Radio Monk33 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey Joe, any idea where I can find contact info/address for the local pickup facility? All I see is "Vancouver facility". Sadly, its a big city!

7. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

Yeah, go to the FedEx place.

It's actually quite satisfying to have them hand it to you right there.

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

FedEx.ca should have your listing, or it is in the tracking details on the website with the number on the door tag, indicating which facility it is at.

TEG

9. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Just call them. I had a package come fedex overnight and the lazy ass driver didn't want to walk down the hill to my house, so he marked "nobody at home, will reattempt delivery" without even coming to my house. I called Fedex, asked for a supervisor and read them the riot act. Told them (truthfully) that I was in the living room the whole time, and I saw the truck come to the top of the dead end hill, driver get out, decide not to walk down and lie about delivery attempt. They sent someone out in about a half hour and were very apologetic.