Argh, need YouTube help again :/

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by embalmess, Sep 6, 2008.

1. embalmess macrumors member

So I would love to upload a YouTube video from there to our computer (we have bought tons of Sesame Street DVDs) but I'm too dummmm to figure it out, can anyone help? Please use 'lame-mans' terms! :p:p:p

2. embalmess thread starter macrumors member

p.s. I have the black MacBook (if that helps)

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Huh? Are you trying to upload a Seseme Street video to YouTube? If so, make sure that you have the legal rights to do so first. What exactly do you mean by "from here"? Could you give us a little bit more information?

And in the future where you need to add something like that, use the EDIT function.

EDIT: Or do you mean that you want to download (opposite of upload like you said) a YouTube video to your computer?

4. embalmess thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, no, I had posted before about transferring YouTube videos to a program for our iPod, etc... Anyway, I don't even know how to upload a video to put on our desktop! :( How embarrassing.

So in all, we would like to get a video off YouTube to enjoy when we want.

5. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Okay, that clears things up, what you will want to do is to take the link from the YouTube video, and go to a website like vixy.net and plug the YouTube link into the box on their website, then you want to change the conversion box that says Converts to: and make it say MOV for Mac (MPEG4 + MP3) and then hit Start, it is that simple and will download to your computer.

6. embalmess thread starter macrumors member

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

No problem, note that I have had some problems with that site in the past where it tells me that it has a problem getting the video. After waiting an hour or two it usually works fine.