Argh!! Sheep!! Help! (please)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Fossilized, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Fossilized macrumors newbie

First off, Hello everyone.

If this is thread is misplaced, please free to let me know, I wasn't quite sure where to put it.

Here's my issue: Upon arriving at the office this morning and bringing my G5 out of sleep mode, I was greeted by a small icon of a sheep grazing on the 'top' of the dock. The sheep then proceeded to look up at me (in surprise) and run off screen. The whole process took like 5 secs.

Also of note, for some reason a mouse wiggle brought my comp fully out of sleep mode, no password was required. (and 'yes' I have password lock on sleep and screen saver enabled).

I switched from windows roughly 4 years ago, but this brought back a flash of malware/spyware panic. (its OS X, so I should be safe, but its not something you wanna see 1st thing on a Monday morning)

Can someone PLEASE tell me what the heck that was and how to get rid of it?

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Start with the sheep...hehehehe, I think you got gotten. Now think about this carefully...did you see a sheep, or did you see a yak?

The wake without password, I'm not sure about. One thing that happens is that if your energy saver settings have turned your screen off, but your screensaver has not kicked in because of your screensaver settings, you will not be asked for a password. Not sure if this applies to you. Did it only happen at the same time that the yak visited you?

3. Fossilized thread starter macrumors newbie

mkrishnan, you may just be a lifesaver!

It MAY have been a yak :D
    (it was early, ...for me, I hadn't had my coffee yet, eyes were a little blurry...)

But that patch of grass looks familiar, and I did have FCP open all weekend.

Wow, I just wasted a solid 95mins trying to figure out what that was.

(Can I invoice apple for that?)

Thanks alot, and let this be a lesson to you other editors out there! (beware of livestock).

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Stick to beer in the future. Other substances can have severe side effects. ;)