ARGH!!! Trying to copy/paste but format transfers incorrectly

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by knew2mack, Aug 2, 2011.

1. knew2mack macrumors regular

knew2mack

Hi everyone.....

Are you sure it's not Monday?? I"m feeling a bit of Monday Madness just a brewin'.....

Ok, I'm trying to get a job! Don't wanna - but gotta!! When I EITHER copy/paste or upload my resume, when I get to the part in the application where I can preview all of my stuff, it's all screwed up....no format at all....just words all mixed up.

Also, when I try to fix it, just tab or space bar, from the far left (where pretty much everything is), it does not allow me to move the words. It does, however, allow me to go one character in and move the rest of that line, but I still have that 1st letter/character on the far left.

After the line is where I want it to be, if I try to go back and delete that 1st character, it then moves the line I successfully placed, to the beginning, LEFT, again, where I am unable to tab/move/space bar the 1st character.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly and someone has some insight. Oh, I'm using TextEdit....I have no experience with Text Wrangler, even though I have it installed.....this seems like it's something really simple, that I am overlooking & having such a difficult time figuring out!!!!

Please help me, my virtual friends, please help me so I can get some $$$ flowing back into this place.

Thanks
    dawn

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Is your resume in TextEdit ?

Try saving a copy of your resume in TextEdit but with rtf format....

Sounds like a formatting problem.

If that does not help then save agin but using one of the Word formats (Word 97)...

3. knew2mack thread starter macrumors regular

knew2mack

yep, it's saved in Text Edit and in rtf format. Not sure how to do anything else.....it continues to happen for every single copy/paste or uploading of my resume - it's so frustrating, having to retype the ENTIRE thing over