Arghhh, What's that layer affect you add to...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by NStocks, Jul 22, 2010.

1. NStocks macrumors 65816

Hi,

So I'm trying to add a 'global' affect to a layer in Photoshop. What I mean is if I have a layer with for example various brush types, that are currently the colour black, what do I add to that layer to change ALL the brushes to a different colour? I've tried layer mask but that it do mask things below that layers, not to change the colour of it.

It's very easy, I know, I've done it a thousand times before but I can't for the life of me remember what it is.

Greatly appreciated!

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Balance ?

3. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

That sort of works but it's not what I used before.

Before I had a layer with a white box, representing the page, then another box next to that representing the colour. By clicking on the coloured box (on the same layer) I could change the colour of the whole layer...

A mystery...

4. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

That works if you go under the Colour overlay options but that's not what I used.

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Layer > New Fill Layer > Solid Color...?

That with some kind of layer effect.

Photo Filter?

I'd just try all the options under the 'Layer' menu, I'm sure it's probably one of them.

6. NStocks thread starter macrumors 65816

That's something like what I had, only that change the entire layer i.e fills it with colour. What I want to do is change the Colour of multiple brushes on that layer, not the background...

7. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

If you do that and add a clipping mask to it above the layer with the brush strokes, I think it will do what you want it to.