Argos DO NOT have stock

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joefinan, Sep 21, 2007.

1. joefinan macrumors 6502a

Online says in stock, phone them and they say they don't have stock.

Does anyone have any idea? Cos Argos don't!!

2. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Online says in stock?... No.

3. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looks in stock to me...

Attached Files:

4. Jetman macrumors member

hmmmm

Ordered mine on the Argos website last night and booked it in for Saturday delivery...

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

My apologies if this is a truly dumb question, but why are people buying from Argos? Is it any cheaper? Also what happens with a "bad screen"? Surely it would be easier convincing someone at an Apple store than an Argos employee?

Not arguing, just curious! :D

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Well, it used to be the case that you could return pretty much anything to Argos for pretty much any reason.

Some friends of mine bought a speaker set while on holiday to listen to music from their music players. At the end of the holiday they took the speaker set back and had a full refund...

7. Jetman macrumors member

Definitely No Stock

Just got off the phone with customer services - even though the website is talking orders and booking in delivery they DO NOT have stock until they receive them from apple, poss next Friday. The website is just allowing people to choose a delivery date - sounds like its the only way they can take pre orders.

DAMN. Good job I phoned though, otherwise I would have had to sit inside waiting for delivery all day tomorrow.

8. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

UPDATE - Just phoned and Argos have them, but will not send them out until the 28th as "That's the release date"

9. Jetman macrumors member

Now I'm confused <sob>

10. Flipd macrumors newbie

Sorry, but that's customer service BS... Apple stores in the UK have just started to receive iPod Touch shipments this week (although I'm sure someone will correct me and tell me it was much earlier than that). ;)

Argos, PC World, Currys etc etc will not have them in stock until the 28th Sept at the very earliest... 2 of those chains have told me (I only contacted Currys and PC World) that they will be on the 'shop floor' from the 1st October...

Believe what you want... but really, don't kid yourselves into thinking Argos have them NOW and won't be selling them at a later date all because it's the "release date". As everyone knows, the Touch has already been released, and what ppl are waiting on is for them to ship in numbers...

But there again, I'm sure ppl will tell me I'm wrong... oh well, that's life right?

*sigh*

;)

11. MeWhOeLsE macrumors member

The "instock" message is actually a limitation of their website. Usually if something isn't in stock you can't order it. So the only way you can actually make pre-orders is for them to say its instock. Hope that helps

12. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

DSG Retail Stock Status

As a Currys employee, I can tell you for certain that there is NO stock allocated to any branches/warehouses ANY Currys, Currys.digital, PC World, or The Link until the week beginning 8th October. However, you can pre-order it on the websites of the above stores and it may be delivered any day after the 1st of October.

This advice is put out to all managers of stores and is updated daily. I will keep you guys updated on the stock status of the above chains if anything changes.

David

13. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I've ordered it from Argos and have an email saying it will be delivered tomorrow between 7am and 3pm.

They have my email address and phone number and haven't contacted me saying it won't be delivered, so I'm assuming that it will be.

If it doesn't arrive I will expect Argos to pay me for my lost time waiting for it - at £25 an hour, that's £200. For their sake I hope it arrives!

14. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Because that's going to happen.. :rolleyes:

15. paulinbognor macrumors member

16. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

17. tm1000 macrumors member

Are you trying to be funny?

18. joefinan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Funny how? The green tick saying "in stock" would suggest that Argos had stock.

Or am I missing something?

19. paulinbognor macrumors member

joefinan

did you call them to ask where it was?

20. mithykal macrumors regular

Yes but to get that page you have already gone through a page which says you are pre-ordering the iPod touch.
    Stating that it is instock might be the only way they can open the ipod touch to pre-orders.

21. Flipd macrumors newbie

Hey man... that I don't doubt... (i forgot to check, re-check and proof read to the hilt before posting) - but simply put, yup... a consumer (unfortunately at times) is only as good as the information he receives when enquiring...

Misinformation at source? Possibly... just glad I'm going to pick one up at The Apple Store West Quay, as soon as the 38's are in stock...

But man... when you try and get hold of anything bleeding edge (or highly popular) device... yup, it's a game alright...

My post wasn't factual (as proven by your reply) - it was along the lines of... well, we all know by now what's going on right? LOL...

Sweet...

;)

22. vtec123 macrumors newbie

Got my Touch from Birmingham Store...also New Store has opened in solihull yesterday...22nd

Store Address

The Touchwood Centre
    Crescent Arcade, Unit SU16
    Solihull, B91 3GJ
    0121 224 1300

23. paulinbognor macrumors member

Flipd

Do you know if West Quay have any ipod touch's in stock?

24. Flipd macrumors newbie

Hey Paul...

when I called them yesterday to confirm the one they reserved for me to pick up today (Sunday) the guy I spoke to (who was VERY helpful) said they had none left apart from that one. They seem to be well aware of the week 36/37 issues and I asked him to check the box and serial number on the Touch I reserved. Sure enough it was a CBR and a week 37... so I passed.

What he DID tell me was that he would email me when they have new stock in... so you could always give them a call and ask them to do the same for you? All the staff I have spoken to on the phone in West Quay have been excellent...

Give them a shot...

Hope that helps...

:)

25. DeXtA macrumors member

Recieved a letter from the guy in charge of Argos, says that they will be delivered between 28th-8th.

Sorry but thats the way of the world.

OK I know this image is huge but open this up for proof and yes the quality is horrible. Check the 3rd line.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/87/pic00110qw7.jpg