Argos: iPod Touch Availability!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by veryvulgar, Sep 20, 2007.

1. veryvulgar macrumors newbie

Hey all.

Am I the first person in the UK to get their iPod Touch?? :D

It came at 4pm today after ordering it from Play.com yesterday (19th Sept). I didn't even expect it until October. Is it actually legal to sell it before launch? :eek: Haven't had much of a chance to play around with it, but it is so much smaller than I thought. Looks amazing btw.

Interestingly, I've just checked on the Argos website and it doesn't seem to be available until 29th September now.

PS: I did come across this, which might be of help: www.ipodtouchlocator.com. It appears to update hourly with stock details, etc.

Anyone else got theirs? Mine was the 8GB one.

2. Cloudane macrumors 65816

Cloudane

You're certainly the first I've heard of! Congrats :D

Now the important questions: Is the screen ok? Does the serial number contain a 36, 37 or 38?

Apple did say "shipping BY the 28th", based on that wording I never believed for a second there wouldn't be some turning up before then. It's certainly legal, as the 28th wasn't a release date just an estimated shipping date on the online store etc.

3. gavd macrumors 6502a

Not that I don't believe you but how did you get Play to deliver next day? Whenever I've ordered anything from them it takes at least 3 days.

People have been buying them from Apple retail stores in the UK since Tuesday.

4. veryvulgar thread starter macrumors newbie

I guess it's just where you live.

I order CDs through them all the time and 9 times out of 10 they come the next day.

There weren't any for sale in the Apple Store in Bluewater when I went there on Tues :(

5. ynnoj macrumors member

ynnoj

Argos confirmed to me that they are now shipping both 8gb and 16gb models online.

6. gavd macrumors 6502a

Seen some other posts on here to say that some people picked them up from Bluewater on Tuesday. You must have been in there at the wrong time.

You must live somewhere much better for Play distribution than me!

7. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

Takes about 3-4 days for me too, I live up near Newcastle,

Its good to hear some other stores are starting to ship them in the UK, still waiting until the 9th of October for mine to arrive from Apple though.....

8. gavd macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine from Apple too and it's due to be delivered 4/5th October. Was a bit annoyed when I released you could get them from the stores but I'm over that now - especially because of the screen issues. At least we should get later versions with the issues sorted!

9. Stetwin macrumors 6502

Stetwin

We can only hope, by the time mine gets here we will be in week 40

10. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'm sure it'll be worth the wait! :)

11. Matteh117 macrumors regular

Aww, how come places like Argos and Play.co.uk have them before Apple and the premium resellers?

I'm gonna phone around tomorrow methinks.

12. phatboy macrumors member

i would have had mine today but i didnt get a chance to go and collect it.
    so im going down tomorrow (Friday). did you get a week 38 model??
    hows the screen on it?
    and i thought play were still in the pre-order stage and not realising til the 28th?

13. seebul macrumors member

Has this been comfirmed? That play.com are shipping?
    Because i ordered mine on monday and it hasnt been dispatched? :confused:

14. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I went to the Big Blue (by which I mean Bluewater) and John Lewis says they wont get them until about October and although the Apple Store has the display models they had none in stock :(

15. AsherC macrumors newbie

argos online store isnt taking anymore orders, read into that what you will ;)