Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
Very nice. I was in Japan (mostly in southern) 2 months after this happened, and that's all I saw on the news was the mess. It's amazing how fast they have cleaned the mess.

It's nice to see a video like this.

iAlan

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2002
I've lived in Tokyo for 18 years. I am still here. The support the global community gave was both invaluable and inspirational. Thank you.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
I've lived in Tokyo for 18 years. I am still here. The support the global community gave was both invaluable and inspirational. Thank you.
Yes, it truly was.

Unfortunately, I found a lot of ex-pat's leaving during this troubled time.

Last edited:

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Wow, what a touching summary of what happened back in March ...
goose bumps and tears ...

Unfortunately, I found a lot of ex-pat's leaving during this troubled time.
can't really blame them ... for many of them (not all !) the stay in Japan is just a step on their career.
If you have family, a (local) job and real friends here the decision is a different one. As for you, iAlan or myself.

I'm truly impressed how Japan as society managed such a disaster. So much discipline and dedication. Amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
can't really blame them ... for many of them (not all !) the stay in Japan is just a step on their career.
If you have family, a (local) job and real friends here the decision is a different one. As for you, iAlan or myself.
Good point.

I'm truly impressed how Japan as society managed such a disaster. So much discipline and dedication. Amazing.
Yep x 3.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.