Arkham Asylum in Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Arkangil, Aug 17, 2009.

1. Arkangil macrumors regular

So I have WinXp running in bootcamp on my MBP 2.53. It has been very stable. I downloaded and installed the demo for the new Batman game. Started it up, went fine. Played the demo a couple times. Looks and sounds great. Going to be a fun game.

Anyway, yesterday I loaded up bootcamp to play it again. I opened the game, it showed me the first "loading" image of Batman standing there, looking all boss, and then the screen started flashing. I could not get it to stop. It flickered about every second, and everytime my mouse wound up in the screens center again.

When the screen was on, I could see my taskbar, and the fact that the game was on there, but everytime it flickered, whatever I tried to do would be reset, and mouse would go center again. So if I hit the START button, the menu would disappear.

I could not use alt+F4 to close, and if I did ctrl+alt+del I could see on the task bar that the console window appeared, but I could never see it.

I ended up having to use the power button to shut down. If I restarted into OSX I got a msg. about the bootcamp drive not mounting properly, and did I want to force or abort. If I booted back into bootcamp, the chkdsk ran, but then windows booted up normally.

Now everytime I try to play the game, this occurs.

Has anyone else experienced this with this game, or another? Any ideas what I can do?

Thanks for the help.

2. Arkangil thread starter macrumors regular

Just gonna give this one bump in the hopes that someone else has encountered it.

3. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

Was waiting to try out the demo on my currently-being-"repaired" Xbox 360 (Second hardware failure...thanks Micro$oft). Is it worth it to give it a spin on the PC?

4. Arkangil thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I didn't get too far in the demo the first time round, and haven't been able to get back in since, but I would say it probably makes as good a console game as a PC game.

Up to where I was, there didn't seem to be anything that would make use of the benefits of PC over console, such as programmable keys.