Arm band case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by rans0m00, Oct 6, 2010.

1. rans0m00 macrumors 6502

Recently bought my new running shorts for my next race and found out my iphone4 will not fit in the pocket... like no hope... so I have been looking for an armband case and before I decided on one I thought I would ask if anyone has had any horror stories or praise about certain ones? Only one I have seen is the belkin one which i was not really impressed with. Currently running about 7-10miles on average but plan to continue using it through longer runs. I am a smaller guy so arm size is not an issue.

2. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

going to assume from the lack of responses that either no one knows of one or they are just all bad :(

3. kelpi macrumors regular

kelpi

i use a spibelt & with the sennheiser 680i for running.

4. tastychicken macrumors member

I use the Belkin Armband on my runs and i do about the same distance as you. I'm okay with it. It doesn't irritate my arms too much. I got it at a cheap price and it gets the job done.

5. goat5570 macrumors newbie

6. 3N16MA macrumors 65816

3N16MA

7. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

the spibelt looks like what I might do not to mention would hold some basic things for longer runs thanks for the suggestion. I tried the 680i the over the ear design and could just never get a good fit. I have a cheap pair of in ear sony headphones that I use. Does not change songs or anything but when I ruin them I don't cry like when I ruined my 100$ headphones. Eventually will buy another pair of Sennheisers... Probably will just be in the ear version like I had before though.

I have this one atm and just giving it a shot. Not a big fan of it looks like it screams give me water damage when I really get to sweating since the top is open but the bottom is not so was thinking on long runs the sweat might just sit at the bottom or in general collect enough water to at least trip the bottom sensor even if it doesn't the others.

And for the armpocket I am going to look into that one but so far the spibelt looks most promising for my running goals

8. runningagain macrumors newbie

I've been using the Armpocket Sport 20 for about a year now, and running at least 4 times a week. I would not dream of running with anything else now. It keeps my phone and keys dry - (no sweat going through), and it so comfortable, and it stays on my arm. I tried belts before - but lost a phone due to sweat and water going through - and it was difficult to wear.

9. rans0m00 thread starter macrumors 6502

After some trial and error I went with the spibelt and the Sennheiser Adidas PMX 680i headphones... Had many failures with other headphones these have lasted indoors and outdoor running. The spibelt not enough moisture makes it down to it for me to worry. On days where it might rain I do bring a bag so I can stick my phone and things in to prevent them from being ruined. Besides the initial getting used to running with a little pouch in front of you I honestly couldn't be happier.