Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sms2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I'm using XCode under SnowLeopard to build Object-C test appls for iPhone.
Those Apps run in Simulator.

OK till now...

I need to see the assembly code generated when Object-C code compiled. But what I see is just x86 code! How can I compile directly to ARM7 assembler?

If I specify "Device" instaed of "Simulator" I have ARM6 ARM7 target instead of i386. OK.
But it refuses to compile, asks for certificate.

How can I compile to ARM code without that certificate and more important without any iPhone, iPad, iPod?
I have no money right now to obtain any of those devices...

sms2000

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2011
I tried "Don't code sign" in "Edit Project Settings"-> "Build" -> "Code Signing" -> "Code Signing Identity".

Same problem:

"CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'

multinode

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2011
I tried "Don't code sign" in "Edit Project Settings"-> "Build" -> "Code Signing" -> "Code Signing Identity".

Same problem:

"CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 4.2'

After you make any changes to the Build Settings in XCode, close the project and re open it to bind those new settings. I've always had to do that ... it's a shortcoming of XCode. If that doesn't help, quit XCode and relaunch it.

holmesf

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2001
I'm using XCode under SnowLeopard to build Object-C test appls for iPhone.
Those Apps run in Simulator.

OK till now...

I need to see the assembly code generated when Object-C code compiled. But what I see is just x86 code! How can I compile directly to ARM7 assembler?

If I specify "Device" instaed of "Simulator" I have ARM6 ARM7 target instead of i386. OK.
But it refuses to compile, asks for certificate.

How can I compile to ARM code without that certificate and more important without any iPhone, iPad, iPod?
I have no money right now to obtain any of those devices...

You can specify architecture information to GCC directly. Of course then it won't run in the simulator, you'll just be able to view the output.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.