Armaggedon Squadron or Fastlane Street Racing

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by TheZimm, Nov 29, 2008.

1. TheZimm macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Has anyone got Araggedon Squadron? how does it look? Is it worth the money?

Also, is Fastlane really that good?

Which game should I get?

Zym

2. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

Given you'll probably want to tell everyone you've review of them on your blog, why not get both? ;)

3. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

Actually, I was going to get these just to play around with
    =]

Zym

4. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

I just bought Fastlane and Raging Thunder. Fastlane is more of a simulator. Prepare to get owned a lot. Raging Thunder is more fun. I still think Asphalt beats them both.

5. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

I really didn't think Asphalt was all that good, the graphics were pretty bad

Zym

6. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

asphalt is great in that I love the burnout series, which it replicates perfectly. Takedowns are sooooo much fun! But the graphics and general gameplay weren't for series racing. After a TON of careful consideration, I bought fastlane over the others. It's tough, the graphics are beautiful, the physics and controls are great, the interface is easy, and best of all I can listen to my own music if I want which I hated about asphalt. Though, the built in songs are so darn awesome I wish I could buy them.
    Haven't played the other serious racers.
    Nate

7. jarofclay73 macrumors regular

jarofclay73

Graphics aren't everything. Gameplay on Asphalt totally made up for that. I loved unlocking cars and motorcycles as well as unlocking the different locations. I think I've logged more hours on Asphalt than on another other game on the iPhone.

8. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

there is something awkward about the controls on Asphalt for me that I still can't get into it and just don't play it much at all.
    The controls on Fastlane looks better and I am tempted to get it but not sure if I want to get another racing game (I have most of them already and they are getting a bit old for me).

9. TheZimm thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheZimm

I ended up getting neither and got touch grind and zen table tennis, both great games :)

Zym