Armed Assault 2 on iMac i5/i7

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Prometheus2000, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Prometheus2000 macrumors member

Hello,

has anybody played "Armed Assault 2" in Boot Camp on an 27" iMac i5 or i7? Is it playable? On my Macbook Pro (8600 GT) it's totally unplayable even on lowest settings.

Also, is it possible to overclock the ATI graphics card? I regularly overclock the Nvidia Card in my MBP which gives a noticeable improvement in 3D games...

A.B.

2. MacHamster68 macrumors 68040

MacHamster68

i dont want to say anything , but before you mess up your macs with overclocking them ,
    have you ever thought about a proper gaming machine because then you can play even crysis on highest possible settings , got 2 here for mates pc , 2x Gainward GF8800GTX, 768 MB ddr3 ,1350mhz ,direct x10, sli , then everything is fine with gaming and no worrys any more about settings

the iMac 27" might have good processing power, but its all but not a gaming machine , for games you simply need good graphic cards , and not even the fastest processor can compensate a slow graphic card , i build gaming rigs since 10 years and apart from the mac pros i would not consider any mac as suitable for gaming
    ..ok i quiet like the old os9 games i play on my iMac g3
    but you cant compare asteroids with modern games like armourd assault , or crysis where you need really fast direct x 10 cards best sli

you can still use the imac 27" as monitor