Arment, Siracusa, Liss discuss reviews

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by samiznaetekto, Apr 9, 2015.

1. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

http://atp.fm/112

Woah. If you thought Nilay Patel's review was negative, wait until you listen to this.

- they like The Verge's review
    - #⌚️ is underpowered and slowness won't be solved by software updates
    - Siracusa recommends waiting until v.3 :eek:

Good podcast.

2. odds macrumors 6502

I just started listening and I already have a bad feeling about this because they're praising Nilay's review, which I think is the worst of all of them. Thanks for the heads up, pausing now...

Btw, how long do they need to complain about the "modern web design "..? Yeesh.

3. samiznaetekto thread starter macrumors 65816

>Btw, how long do they need to complain about the "modern web design "..? Yeesh.

Yeah, I used to listen to ATP, but stopped when it became 2 hours (!) of mostly talking about nothing.

But with this one, I was curious what they had to say about #⌚️.

4. Cory Bauer macrumors 6502a

Did you and I listen to the same podcast? I found nothing negative about it.

They acknowledge that yes, it is a first-generation product - and based on every other first-generation Apple product ever, nothing in the reviews surprised them. They figure version three of the product will be the "one to get", which I would say has been true of every new Apple product (or version 4 in the case of the iPad). Regarding the reported slowness, they put the blame specifically on Watchkit Apps - and said that'll largely be resolved with native Watch apps (coming later this year). 2 of the 3 of them are pre-ordering an Apple Watch, and the third just has no desire to wear something on his wrist.

If a person enjoyed their first generation iPhone or iPad or MacBook Air, this is the same kind of deal. It's a good start, and it'll obviously get a lot better in future versions.