Armour Shell Aluminum Bumper/TPU Case Mini Review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Heifzilla, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Heifzilla, Nov 17, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015

Heifzilla macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

I don't see this case listed many places, but I found it while browsing on Amazon and I am really happy with it. There's a nice selection of colors, and it's a very slim fit case.

Pros: Slim fit case; fits phone well; cut outs are perfect; easy on/off; nice color choices; completely covers the back of the phone; lip keeps the camera lens off table surface; doesn't wrap around front of phone much to mess with full screen glass protectors; price

Cons: Completely covers the back of the phone; buttons on frame are held in by tape (though they work just fine); doesn't wrap over front of phone much, so leaves a gap between most tempered glass screen protectors and the case; not much of a lip to keep front of phone off surface

I am unsure of long-term durability at this point. The frame is anodized, and I'm guessing that it will eventually scratch during use. So far, so good. It feels good in hand, not slippery. I have a Coolreal tempered glass screen protector on it and it works perfectly with the case as the case doesn't touch it. Yes, there is a slight gap, but it doesn't bother me.

Here's the link on Amazon.

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

3. DeftwillP macrumors 6502

4. Heifzilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

Well, lots of cases look alike. There's only so many ways to design these things.

I like hot pink. I looked at Spigen and didn't see a hot pink case like this so this is the one I bought.

5. kagharaht macrumors 6502a

Do a Field Test. The frame will cut your signal severely. You end up draining your battery struggling to keep the signal integrity.

6. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

7. Heifzilla thread starter macrumors newbie

Heifzilla

I have not noticed a lessening in signal in the areas I use the phone in. I do live in a good signal area, so YMMV.