Around $400?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RubberShoes, Jul 18, 2010.

1. RubberShoes macrumors regular

I don't know what to expect but screw it might as well ask this fine community of awesome people what they think.

School in NY/NYC = AT&T is pretty bad
    School in NY/NYC = T-Mobile with my family is surprisingly pretty good

2G iPhone + family T-Mobile + $6 T-zones plan = roughly $400 per year in savings on my line alone (Father with 3GS saving another $300ish)

2G iPhone = End of the line. Lock button broken for a while, battery diminishing, charging haywire, etc.

I'm in school, I don't have a camera, I don't have an iPod. My current 2G iPhone pretty much handles all of these tasks along with being a phone and all that. BUT with it's inevitable death slowly approaching, I need a new one.

Personally I can't stand the 3GS, nor the 3G. Cheap bloated plastic was never my thing. However, the 4 is one hell of a phone. It not only fits the dimensions that I love, but in many ways feels like my original, the original true form of the iPhone Good ol' Johnny Ive wanted.

I just can't get myself to dish out $600.

Anyway, for a camera, an ipod, and a great phone, I'm willing to drop some cash, especially because I make back $400 every year I use T-Mobile instead.

SO, my question, anyone have any ideas on where I could find a cheaper ($400ish) iPhone4, or any deals or selling tricks to make up for the difference instead of paying the full $600?

PS, yes I know the jailbreak/unlock game. I've been heavily involved with it since 1.0.2 and before springboard had pages of apps (scrolled through jailbroken apps like android) so thank you, but yes I know as of this hour it is still currently locked (that'll change this week).

2. isimon117 macrumors member

You could try looking on craigslist after the stock equalizes and the iPhone 4 is readily available. Other than that you can try to lower the price a little from whoever you are buying from by explaining your situation, etc. You can then sell your iPhone 2g for around $100.

3. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

No one is going to sell an iPhone 4 at a loss unless it's damaged or broken at this point.

Every single iPhone 4 is still eligible for return at this point, and there is still plenty of demand. You aren't going to be able to buy an iP4 to use on another network for less than the contract free price for quite a while, especially when you consider people are still selling the 3gs for 2-300.

4. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

Yeah, I really don't see you getting an iPhone 4 in that price range anytime soon. You are going to have to shell out some big bucks. :(

5. isimon117 macrumors member

You'd be surprised. I saw someone sell a mint ip4 for $300 on craigslist and plenty people are selling theirs for $500

6. starbot macrumors regular

I would bet these were scams... craigslist is full of em unfortunately. Heres a link to a completed items list of iphone 4s (will need to login in to ebay). Prices at minimum are $700, up to an average of 800.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/Cell...t=Cell_Phones&_catref=1&LH_Complete=1&guest=1

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Maybe in about a year or if its in bad shape/broken you'd be able to get one around that price.

8. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

you wont find an iphone 4 for 400 until next year

sorry bro!

3gs are still 300-400 for 32 gb

9. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

scams

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Either scams or a setup for a mugging. Great way to know your target is showing up with $300 or $500 in cash.