Arrandale? When about?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zoran, Nov 20, 2009.

  1. zoran macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #1
    Im in the phase of a MBPro purchase since a friend will visit NY and he can bring back to Europe a cheaper laptop, but... this Arrandale arrival has really put me into halt mode!
    When might be a good time for such an announcement? At MacWorld perhaps?
     
  2. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #3
    1. so what the heck should i do? wait for the new laptops to arrive, but without beeing able to ship one from USA, or buy one now?
    2. would there be anyother change other than the one of CPU change?
     
  3. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

    palmerc2

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2008
    Location:
    Los Angeles
    #4
    A GPU upgrade is in order....
     
  4. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #5
    so what do you guys think i should do? wait for the new mbpros or get one now?
     
  5. kreidel macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    #6
    Just get one now.
     
  6. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #7
    and the reason?
     
  7. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #8
    If you need one now, get one now - if you can wait, then wait.

    Btw, intel will be releasing arrandale in January, but there's guarantee that apple will get the chipsets in sufficient quantity to fulfill orders and/or be ready to ship a new laptop revision in January.

    Then there's the whole revision "A" argument.
     
  8. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #9
    What does that mean?
     
  9. davidlv macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Apr 5, 2009
    Location:
    Kyoto, Japan
    #10
    Revision A

    The first version of any new model can have small, medium, or even, rarely, large hardware problems or glitches that escaped the quality control process and come to light as users use the machines in a variety of ways. This is why many people like to wait until the new models have been in production for a while, and Apple has time to respond to the complaints, before they order a model B. These changes are not always announced either, just quietly fixed. If you can wait for a while after a new model is introduced, it would be advised, but then some people just have to have the latest machine and go right ahead and order! Does that explain it?
     
  10. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #11
    Yes thanx, it explains it perfectly so! Although what are the real diffs between the new to come MBPro and the already existing MBpro. Thanx
     
  11. prodigee macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #12
    No one actually knows any info on the new MBP's except for Apple. The major things that are a possibility are: Arrandale and a new GPU (maybe back to ATI), but other than those predictions no one can really say, hell those aren't even certain.

    For sure though the processors will be upgraded its just a matter of what to. Some people are saying minor spec bump, others are saying major, the truth is we just don't know.
     
  12. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Jun 30, 2005
    #13
    ok i see, and what about possible update date? can it be before 2009? has apple announced any keynote or anyother sort of event in either December or January?
     
  13. NSK123 macrumors regular

    NSK123

    Joined:
    Mar 29, 2008
    #14
    don't expect anything this year, we'll probably hear something during the first quarter of 2010.
    I just sold my 13" MBP and I'm waiting for the new machine. Just got myself a netbook which I'm gonna install osx on. And that's more than enough for the period I'm waiting for the new ones with hopefully a new cpu.

    I would say wait if you can, the new macbooks might be just around the corner and when they're out the older ones will get a significant drop in resale value.
     
  14. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #15
    Apple has already stated that there will be no more updates to their computer lines in 2009. Additionally Intel has stated that Arrandale will be released in January so its pretty strong to assume that you'll not see an update to the MBP line until after January. When after January is anyone's guess because only Apple knows and they'll not say anything.
     
  15. mckansai21 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    May 26, 2009
    Location:
    osaka, japan
    #16
    Any predictions on whether new MBP's will include better resolution
    on the 15"...?
     
  16. prodigee macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2009
    Location:
    Brooklyn, NY
    #17
    Once again no one really knows, I know I personally am hoping for 1680x1050 because in my view 1920x1200 is a bit much for a monitor that small.
     
  17. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

    lilskaterpunk

    Joined:
    Jan 12, 2008
    #18
    With the comments in this topic and being about the MBP, do u think this would apply for the 13.3'' MBP models? or 15'' and 17''?
     

Share This Page