Arrange Icons via Itunes? Or an App for that?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ferris23, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I would love to see an App that would allow me to move my icons around how I like with a little UI rather than sliding them around with on my phone.

Or even have a UI in Itunes that allows the user to move the icons on each page how they like, and when the Iphone syncs things would move into place.

I am terrible at moving icons around on my 3G and now my 3GS, other icons get bumped out of place, sometimes I can't get the icon to the next screen etc

I mean I have big thumbs but c'mon...

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Its a good idea that apple needs to implement... They also need to give us the ability to change our homescreen background

3. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I'd just be happy with an "alphabetize" button.

4. JKColo22 macrumors regular

Been thinking the same thing! Especially now that Apple added the voice memo app I have a page with only two apps on it and I'm dreading the reorganization process.

5. Ferris23 thread starter macrumors 68020

Sweet, I have some supporters. If I wrote an app for this I would at least make 3 bucks!

;)

6. IronLogik macrumors 6502

only way you could make this work would be for jailbroken phones. Applications have no access to this type of information. They're sandboxed and can't access anything outside of that sandbox, which is simply whatever is included with your app, or whatever the various API's let you see (contacts, photos, music, calendar, etc)

So, sorry, not gonna happen unless Apple makes it, or it's an unofficial app for post-jailbreak phones.

7. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

I don't see how an app for this would be any better than the way it's done right now... it's still on the tiny screen. What we need is app reorganization via iTunes, so it can be done on a big computer screen.