Arranging Apps in iTunes 9 Best Ideas?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by imac abuser, Sep 12, 2009.

1. imac abuser macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

I'm sitting with a unhappy feeling about the way I have my apps arranged. Call me a freak, but I would like some order to them.

What are you doing, and can you offer any advice to organization?

2. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I organize my first homescreen with apps I use most, the rest are categorized by (e.g. Media related: Boxee; Pandora; Last.fm; Shazam; YouTube; Moviefone, etc., Games: wurdle, LightBike, Rolando) I keep web bookmarks at the end typically.

I've seen people order them by color too, which can look kind of neat.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I keep my normal organization.

First page has apps I use the most.
    Second has my 'reading' apps.
    Third has my camera/utility apps.
    Fourth has games.
    Fifth has search/find apps.
    Sixth has my music/TV/Movies apps.
    Seventh has my apps I use infrequently but enough to keep them there.
    Eighth has other apps or ones I'm trying.

i tend to try and deactivate many. And I usually use Spotlight as an App launcher so less flicking of screens.

4. Harman M macrumors member

ABC order. I'm good with names and remember what the name of each app is based on function.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I haven't installed iTunes 9, so all mine is done on the phone, which is a pain in the ass.

Page 1 News and info (Most used)
    Page 2 Utilities/radio
    Page 3 Music apps
    Page 4 games
    Page 5 misc apps
    Page 6 Apps not commonly used (Apple apps that can not be deleted, etc, etc)

6. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

App organization comes with 3.1 dude.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

doesn't mean he couldn't organize his apps

8. mr.stinki macrumors 6502

I keep my mainly used apps on my first page, then all my non-game apps in alphabetical order, and lastly, my games in alphabetical order.

9. EmilyMayhem macrumors member

I have Settings, Calendar, Photos and Camera across the top of my first page; those never change. The rest of the first page has my frequently used apps (Facebook, TwitterFon, etc). Second page is "info" apps (Wikipanion, SportsTap, Fandango, USA Today, plus FML and TFLN). Third is multimedia stuff (Photogene, Flickr, Pandora, NIN Access). Fourth is least used but non-native apps (games and things like Bump, stuff I only use on occasion). Last is least used native apps (Calculator, Stocks, YouTube, etc).

I get bored easily, so I rearrange a lot. Until today I had each page with only three rows full, and three apps in the dock. Just today I discovered a site through this forum that lets you create blank bookmark icons so you can space out your apps. I had a lot of fun with that.

10. Ward macrumors newbie

Ward

Piloting a miniature submarine in your brain.
    I keep the stock apps on the first page (Stocks has to go on the 2nd), document/organisation apps on the 2nd, image editing on the 3rd, navigation and network apps on the 4th, miscellaneous apps on the 5th, finally games on the 6th.

11. imac abuser thread starter macrumors 6502a

imac abuser

Many good ideas! I just think it's a preference thing... I was on the same page as most of you it seems to matter to people what apps they use the most. Guess I've got some figuring to do :)