Arranging icons should be a lot easier

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jonmeadowbrook, Dec 8, 2007.

1. jonmeadowbrook macrumors newbie

Remember rsBT? I was reading about the headaches involved with customize while running 1.1.1 or 1.1.2 and it truly is ridiculous how complicated what "seems" like a simple task can be.

I miss the good ol' days...

2. darngooddesign macrumors G3

It works pretty much like it always did. Move the app up and down, tap to make visible or invisible. I'm not having any headaches.

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

Seriously...couldn't be any easier IMO...

4. VenomousSVT macrumors 6502

no confusion with it here either.. as a mater of fact I reordered then uninstalled customize and they stayed in their new locations

5. brando88 macrumors 6502

The icon re-order code just got updated.

It is in Customize 1.19 and 1.20.

It allows for a more iPhone-ish scrolling interface, and a better re-order / veiw/hide icons screen.

6. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

It's good, but if they're going to list it instead of having it show up graphically the way it does on the actual home screen, there should at least be page markers showing you where your new screens will be, row markers would be nice too.

The better way to have it would be to allow dragging and dropping on the home screen itself, that way you don't have to count 29 items down to make sure you get something in the 4th row, 1st column on the 2nd page.

7. WhiteShadow macrumors regular