Arrested development movie

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by angelneo, Feb 26, 2008.

1. angelneo macrumors 68000

Not sure if any of macrumors members are fans of AD, but while browsing imdb.com checking out Juno, I clicked on Jason Bateman profile and realise that an AD movie has been announced. I'm not sure how accurate is imdb.com but this is really exciting news.

Although on a separate note, I'm not sure how an AD movie is going to be like, there's too many running jokes in the series that required previous viewing so I'm not sure even if the movie is going to be a good idea.

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Apparently Will Farrel has basically offered to cover the entire cost of an Arrested Development movie, and he has indicated that if he makes his money back, he will back a new series.

TEG

3. angelneo thread starter macrumors 68000

Personally I'm quite alright with the fact that AD ended with 3 seasons, but there's too many last minute cancellations causing especially the last season to feel like a rush job. The writers could have done a much more polished job bringing the whole show to a nice closure if they were aware of how much they were given. :(

Hopefully, this movie can bear fruit and not bring down the good reputation that AD had.

4. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Where did he say this?

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

A local Portland, OR radio station was discussing this between the radio host, the Movie Review Geek and the Newspaper Televison Writer.

TEG

6. rjfiske macrumors regular

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Will Arnet hinted about something about it on Conan last night.

8. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I'm not going to get my hopes up about this, but it would be great to see the Bluths together one more time. I can believe just about everyone would be interested in it except for Mitch Hurwitz---and if he's not on board, it won't happen. If they try to make an AD movie without Mitch, it would be a huge mistake.

9. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

They'll probably write the movie so that it functions as a stand-alone.

Nice find btw. :) I was a fan of the series, and was a bit disappointed when it ended (thankfully It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia was able to fill that void ;)).