Arrived! iPad 3 Wi-fi 32GB White

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ness7, May 9, 2012.

1. Ness7 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, first I wrote in a thread when I ordered my iPad 3 and now it arrived to me on sunday and I didn't have enough time to write a reiew since I got no time from using and loving my iPad :)

I have no dead pixels nor a yellow screen isues, lucky me :)
    Keyboard is a breez, right now I'm writing this review while I'm listening to a Tunein radio and all this is easy as breez.

Battery life is one of the best I've ever used in any device. Two days with a single charge! Yes a single charge, even it took 8 hours to fully charge but it is worthy, simply no problem with a battery.

I got two apps one for free music download and one for youtube video download, and I love them, when I hear a music somewhere and I don't have that song in my laptop and I'm away from my laptop to sync my iPad to add that song, I simply download that song directly to my iPad. Same goes for Youtube video downloads, I do this for music video clips usually and they look stuning, especcialy if you download them in 720p or 1080p.

Everythingmis so easy and experience with iPad 3 is simply undescriable :)

I got 32 Gb, wi-fi only and WHITE iPad and I'm lovin' it. :)

Thanks all, have a nice days with your iPad :)

2. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

Hi, Ness!

Glad that you like your new iPad. I'm also thinking of buying one for myself. I've got two questions for you:

1. Why did you get the white one (just curious of your reasoning)
    2. Why didn't you get the 4G version, but went with Wi-Fi only?

Thanks in advance and best of luck.

3. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Thought I'd pop in here; I made the same decisions. I got the white because I read on my iPad a lot (Amazon Kindle app). The white background of the books are alot easier on the eyes with a white case because there isn't that stark white-black transition when you read the end of the page or line.

As far as not getting the 4G, honestly it's because I don't want to have another monthly cell service charge. But mostly, anywhere that I take my iPad that would require connectivity there's Wifi. For anything else, I can suffer through the small screen of my iPhone for internet.

4. DynaFXD macrumors 6502a

DynaFXD

Hey,

I'll play.

iPad - Black
    iPad2 - Black
    iPad 3rd gen - White.
    Just to be different. In truth, I don't notice the color much. I may be over saturated with black, but I prefer the white (for now).

iPad - 3G + wifi
    iPad2 - Wifi only
    iPad 3rd gen - Wifi only
    Our iPhones have data tethering, so we are never without a connection. I had a data plan for the iPad for a month and never renewed it. The only reason I would want a 3G/LTE model would be for the dedicated GPS. But again, I use my iPhone for most rapidly needed spatial data needs. I can tether over a rough GPS location when connected to my iPhone for general mapping needs. IN short, I have not missed the radio on my iPad2 at all. So it was never a consideration.

Good luck in your choice!

5. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Pretty much how I feel. I use my iPad at home or at a family member's home, all of which have WiFi. My iPhone is used when I'm on the go or at work, where I can't rely on WiFi.

Also, the white just looks nicer to me. And it doesn't show fingerprints on the bezel, a benefit I also get on my white iPhone.

6. Mk4Jetta macrumors newbie

I got the white for the exact same reason. Very happy with it.

7. Altimax98 macrumors 6502

Altimax98

Congrats on your purchase... I wish I got a 32 instead of a 16 :) got a kid on the way and he sucked up the other $$$ lol...

I prefer the white. Easier to clean, looks sleek and every other tablet is black/grey up front. I agree about the 4G too... I tether from my Nexus to the iPad when I want data, I can't afford another bill.. Especially with the way I use my iPad.. I would mow through data like its nobodys business.... At one point I would go through 1.5GB data per day, unlimited data FTW

8. s2dio macrumors regular

s2dio

That's very insightful, guys. Thank you.

Makes me want to buy a white iPad after all. And reconsider the necessity of 4G/3G onboard.

BTW, I live in Europe (Latvia) and U.S. iPad's 4G antenna doesn't work here because of the different frequency.

9. Wrathwitch, May 11, 2012
    Last edited: May 11, 2012

Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

Just to throw a monkey wrench into the post, I went with black because if you are watching any media or movies on it, the movie fills the whole of the iPad, or rather it appears to. With white you look like you have a picture frame around your iPad.

Regarding fingerprints. I don't often notice fingerprints on the black, mind you, I wipe mine down on occasion with a microfibre cloth and have the smart cover. In the right light fingerprints will show with either color choice, also depending on how oily/dirty your skin is at the time of use.

Just my two cents. The white seems to make sense like one poster mentioned if you do a lot of reading of iBooks etc, would make it feel more like a book with the white framing. Or so I would believe

Oh and I also went with Wifi because anytime I am on the move, I rely on my iPhone. I mostly use my iPad at home and if I was travelling most of my friends have WiFi so it wouldn't be a big deal.

I also went with 16GB and its proven more than enough for my uses so far!

10. sinser macrumors 6502a

sinser

The white iPad is just too beautiful. Black looks boring and cheap. And no, the white border is not distracting at all. IMO of course.

11. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

I find that the white looks cheap. IMO of course.

12. chokem macrumors 6502

I went with a black 32GB. No particular reason, I just prefer my iDevices black.

13. davedvdy macrumors regular

To each their own. Apparently Apple doesnt or they wouldn't be using it for 100% of their marketing this year.

14. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

lol this is going to be a silly question, but what is data tethering

15. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Good choice with white, in my opinion. Clean, elegant, and Apple's traditional color.

16. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Sharing your cell phone's data connection to your iPad. Not necessarily iPhone..android devices have the feature too,

17. iEvolution macrumors 65816

I dont know how well Apple's white holds up but I don't like how white has a tendency to yellow over time, that being said I do like white, black is just used so often in everything its nice to have another option.

Congrats on the purchase.

18. Davieis macrumors regular

Congrats on the purchase. I'm typing this from the exact same iPad model (White 32GB) and I love it. Much nicer than the black in my opinion...it's different and looks less generic. I dont find the white borer distracting at all... Just been waiting on a Power Support Antiglare screen protector to arrive in the mail. Enjoy!

19. Ness7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Sorry for my late reply but i was bit busy this weekend.

1. I got white one cuz White is in trend everywhere (incl. white cars which I like really a lot) and I don't find white bezel distracting at all. As I said I like white color much more than black in devices like Apple which do look expensive in hand.

2. Wifi only cuz I mostly use my iPad in home where I have wifi and also when I take it on caffe's there is a wifi too, also when I travel abroad I can't use the celular date of my home carrier since it costs you bloody expensive so I use the hotel wifi, etc. Also I didn't wanted to pay one more celullar carierr for nothing since I can tether the data of my phone.

I've read all of your comment and all of them made me glad of my purchase. Thanks for being everyone :)

Ness.

20. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I love how this forum has reduced people to thinking that they're lucky to have NOT gotten an iPad with a screen problem. I have yet to meet anyone who bought the new iPad and has had any screen problems. We now have several of the new model floating around at work and nobody is having any issues. And believe me, after my dust under the screen problems I had with iPad 2, I was skeptical that this was going to be the case in my own situation.

I also have family members and friends with the new iPad, no complaints about color problems or dead pixels. I have "acquantances" on the train to and from work who have bought the new one, also no complaints.

I think the screen issue is isolated, and a vocal minority (who do have a right to complain and get a replacement) are being VERY vocal on some of the forums.