Arrogant iphone spellchecker...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lyllo, Nov 23, 2010.

1. lyllo macrumors newbie

yeah,
    all in the title...
    sometimes i do love my iphone spellchecker, sometimes i do hate...

cannot understand the reason why it is so arrogant!
    :D

let's say i would like to write to my girlfriend a cute invented world... if i press spacebr too fast my iphone corrects the world with its argued solution..
    and too often there's no way back, in the "replace with" menu as well (i don't know the correct english translation for the voice menu to replace worlds with subistutes)...

is there anything i could do which is not included in the list below:
    1) disabling spell checker as it is useful and somehow comfortable
    2) avoiding wrting invented worlds :p

ty

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. lyllo thread starter macrumors newbie

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

it was fantastic!! :D
    even i'm not native speaking i loved and appreciated almost 100% (of the first page.. then got bored :p)

i have similar problems though :)
    sometimes i write something which gets corrected, then i re-write it and hit spacebar and get corrected, then i rewrite and so on.. (just because sometimes the pop-up delays are different)
    they should simplyu add (at least) a last-menu voice reporting original world since maybe i may know better than an iphone what i meant...
    don't think would be so bad if the spellchecker changed a world spelled the way i wanted but giving me back the chance to replace with mine one by re-choosing from the replacement menu, since it is irritating that sometimes instead there are just few/no sosbistutions and my previous world simply disappeared... :apple::apple::apple: