ARRRRGGGGHHHH (smudges on screen)

GomezZz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2005
new malden
i cant keep those damn smudges of my screen!!!!!!!!! Whats the best way to clean my ibooks screen???? Ive been using normal all purpose cd/computer wipes , but it has made it 1 million times worse , please help me , it infuriates me to have massive smudges all over my lovely screen

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
What are they and how did they get there? I use Windex and a very soft cloth to clean my iBook's screen but some people here will recommend you don't because it can scrub off the protective coating if your not careful. I haven't had any problems after almost two years though. Just remember not to scrub too hard. :)

_pb_boi

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
My ACD smudges because its downstairs hooked up to the PC atm and my dad and brother insist on touching the screen when they point at things :eek:

I agree though, iKlear.

andy.

Macinbest

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2005
mad jew said:
What are they and how did they get there? I use Windex and a very soft cloth to clean my iBook's screen but some people here will recommend you don't because it can scrub off the protective coating if your not careful. I haven't had any problems after almost two years though. Just remember not to scrub too hard. :)

Windex damages the screen's coating if i recall. :eek: