arrrrr i messed up applying the power support anti glare screen!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by jrok18, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrok18 macrumors regular

What should i do? If i take it off can i apply it again? But how do i get the dust off the screen now? Wouldn't removing it,ruin the screen and make it less sticky ?Any help please.

2. nohite macrumors member

I can feel your pain. I wasted 2 before I finally got one that is decent (still 2 dust particles in there). I was glad that I bought the Griffin which is a pack of 5 for $15.

try take it off then use a packing tape to get the dust off, if that doesn't work, try washing it with soap. it's supposed to be washable

3. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but listen to my genius plan that i just did. Well my apple store didn't have any power support anti glare(but they had like 100 for iphone) so i was force to order one online . It came in today and i apply it and there was no bubbles but one problem. I had it on crook it so it was a little over the home button so i removed it and that's when it got all messed up. So a few minutes ago i went to the apple store and they had a air jacket that came with a anti glare screen. So i bought that and just took out the anti screen and apply it. It came out perfect besides one dust thing up top(don't care not on screen) and one bubble on the screen but its not that bad. So now im going to put the old messed up screen in the air jacket package and return it , they wont even notice i opened it. O and the air jacket is for the 1g so im just going to say i thought it was for the new one. Genius.

Sorry for grammar/spelling im typeing from my touch.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    and dishonest! :rolleyes:

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

I hope that they do.

6. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

How much do u think the screen cost? Like 5 bucks? Plus i gave him the old one so....

7. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Who cares, it is still dishonest. :mad:

8. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Should i feel guilty? My mom said it was a good idea too. Plus i thought power support included 2 screens of each(then i wouldn't of had a problem )but they didn't so....

9. biikman macrumors regular

To bad for the poor sap who buys what he thinks is a new case/screenshield gets home and gets your used wasted shield.

10. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

So, your mom told you to purchase a package, open it and remove items, and then return it as new? :eek: :confused: Shame, shame... :rolleyes:

11. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Yea poor sap but who buys 1g ipod accessory's anymore?

12. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Yup its not the first. But only the little things

13. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Oh, your right, I guess it's okay for you to steal then! :mad:

14. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Whatever. 100 headphones vs 5 or less $ to make screen . Plus.....oh whatever u win .

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You disgust me.

16. aethelbert macrumors 601

Gee whiz, I dunno, maybe someone who still owns one?

17. dirtbikemike macrumors newbie

c'mom give the poor guy a break its only like 5 bucks plus we get screwed over enough by companys anyways so he should give them a taste of there own medicine;)

thats just my two cents

18. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a Power Support anti-glare screen protector for my iPhone and I messed up a bunch of times trying to put it on just right with no bubbles or dust. The sticky side, though, wasn't one of those one-time-shots where either you get it on right or it's FUBARed and you have to buy a new one. I think it was just some kind of grippy stuff that can be re-applied if you mess up. I did use a few drops of Windex, if that's whatmade the difference, but that's what it said to do on the directions.

19. aethelbert macrumors 601

That's not giving Apple a taste of their own medicine because
    a) it's not their product
    b) they'll make 10% on it when returned
    c) they'll turn around and sell it for full price

It's screwing over the person who buys it next. If you think that's acceptable, something's wrong with they way that you think. Maybe you want to be the one who buys the incomplete product because some idiot tried to break the law to get his way?

20. ChristopheJD macrumors regular

You know, with all the people, including me, who have been annoyed by you on this board, I think its better to keep some things to yourself. So having this genius plan, seeing a guy steal but not even bothering to report it, getting your iPod taken and getting a new one makes you cool? Well, we don't think it is. Keep this information to yourself, only ask or say what needs to be said. Unless you want to start a debate, then just keep things like that to yourself.

21. Rockrover macrumors member

That attitude is exactly what is destroying this country. This 'It's not my problem...Hey...They OWE me one" crap is what's causing just about every serious issue in the U.S. I bet you're gonna' be THAT guy who is suing Wendy's/Wallmart/McDonalds etc., for something...Not because they caused YOU serious life altering event(s), but because YOU think they owe you. I'd be willing to bet your mom and dad are wondering right now how they're gonna' pay that sub-prime mortgage, all while hopping for a bail-out. What you and your dead-beat mom don’t understand is that it's the honest folks in this country that end up having to take care of losers like you and your mom when you finally realize that you don't deserve a house on the beach. I for one am sickened by the fact that I will soon be paying 50% of my salary in taxes…And after that 50% more after I’m gone. Why? Because the majority can’t take care of themselves and elect government officials into office who promise that they will.

Take a little personal responsibility dude. It might do you good.

--D

22. dirtbikemike macrumors newbie

first, off when i said companys i was plural
    second, im canadian so my country isnt going to crap and
    third, people stealing didnt cause the markets to plumit it was cheap morgatges and a number of other different reasons

jrok seems like a nice guy and im sure you havent met him nor his mother so for you to say **** about them makes you look like a real winner

just because you dont have a good comeback means you have to resort to personal attacks, honestly how old are you?

me being a influinctule teenage canadian is really starting to think that the older americans are very grouchy

have a nice day :D

23. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

I have nothing to say except I wish I was canadian so I can play a boat load of hockey.

24. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Not to tangent from a much-deserved *ss whooping but the best way to apply and reapply is use a piece of scotch tape on the corner to lift the shield. You CAN run it under water to remove dust and fingerprints then reapply and squeegee out the bubbles.

25. dirtbikemike macrumors newbie

actully i dont play much hockey but i like watching:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.