Art Studio Ipad not intuitive

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by magiclaffs, Jun 26, 2010.

1. magiclaffs macrumors member

I purchased the Art Studio app for Ipad and had the hardest time figuring out the controls. The developer web site is really worthless in this regard. After a long search on Google I still had no idea how to add a layer. Here's how.

* Bring up your toolbar by clicking the arrow in the lower right corner.
    * Select layers.
    * Swipe upward and the layers toolbar will show up.

Hope this is useful to some other budding artists.

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Should be in the iPad apps section..

Art Studios gui was always it's weakest spot. Layers pro, sketchbook & brushes outclass it, but were always 2-3 times Art Studio's price.

3. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

I didn't care for it either and ended up with Sketchbook.

4. klio macrumors member

I have the opposite assessment--I find Art Studio the most intuitive, Sketchbook Pro beastly, and Brushes in between but lacking in features. Luckily, though, you can get all three for under $20, pick the one you like best to do the bulk of your work, and import into the others for adding in what those programs do best.

But the Art Studio developer website is frustratingly useless. I wish they'd create at least a forum for users to swap tips, even if you still have to email the developer directly for help.

5. Stan Green macrumors newbie

ArtStudio and SketchBook are my favourite drawing/painting apps for iPad .
    Sketch book is sexier and slicker but ArtStudio is fantastic feature-wise.
    It is really not so unintuitive ......it takes a little exploring...to find your way around all the possibilities ....but it's all quite logical once you get it.
    I would recommend it highly. Sketch book would do well to borrow some of it's features . Likewise, ArtStudio should take a good look at the way SketchBook handles some of it's brilliant shortcuts.
    I like them both!
    (Procreate has a lot of potential too)