Art work seen in Win Media Player but not iTunes?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jethrotoe, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Jethrotoe macrumors regular

I just copied a music CD into iTunes as AIFF. No artwork was copied along that I can see in iTunes nor can iTunes find any. This is no real problem as I can find artwork and get it in there like I have done before.

I then made a playlist of the album and burned it to a blank CD. Still no artwork that iTunes can see when looking at the new disk.

My confusion is that when I put the CD that I just made into a MS PC and have Windows Media Player play it, it shows the artwork so I know it's really there.

How come iTunes doesn't see it? Is it in a format that ITunes doesn't see?

Thanks.

2. FixYouriTunes macrumors member

FixYouriTunes

Most likely the album artwork file format was not mac or apple compliant? That's my only guess as to why it's not working. Although your iTunes is on a windows as well. Still think it's a file format issue or maybe because you are importing aif's. I know that aif's hold the artwork and metadata info so maybe it's just a fluke thing? We're you able to fix the problem?

3. Jethrotoe thread starter macrumors regular

Problem not fixed yet by me but I didn't so any extensive searching yet.
    I too think the easiest thing first which is file format but I would think from a commercial bought CD, it would be somewhat universal. Perhaps not the case.

I think I read that the art work and meta are held in the last file (track), maybe I should re-import that track to see if it's a fluke. Then I'll do some searching.

Thanks...