Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReverseRev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
I need uploades, my buttons look retarded now after i tried to use an outdated theme.

ReverseRev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
If you have the OS installer you can extract the files with Pacifist.

Thank you, im downloading Pacifist now, ill reply back with an update.

EDIT: How would i go by finding the Sart files?

----------

i found the Library folder, but i cant find the CoreUI in Private Frameworks.
Can Sombody post a picture of where it is?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Thank you, im downloading Pacifist now, ill reply back with an update.

EDIT: How would i go by finding the Sart files?

----------

i found the Library folder, but i cant find the CoreUI in Private Frameworks.
Can Sombody post a picture of where it is?

First you need to tell which OS X version you have, they are probably in the same place but just to be sure.
With pacifist you need to open OSInstall.mpkg, it will take some time, then press Command-F to find the files needed.
Strangely I got an error and was unable to open them, ,might be a glitch on My System.

In Leopard they are located in:
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ArtFile.bin
/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc
/System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc

BTW, most theme programs I used before made backups, I guess your didn't.

ReverseRev

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2012
im running mountain lion, i also have the mountain lion disk. When i search for the files, nothing pops up, and it gives me an error sound

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
im running mountain lion, i also have the mountain lion disk. When i search for the files, nothing pops up, and it gives me an error sound

I am on a limited Internet connection, if not I would have send you those files.

Maybe some other users here.

You could also try to install a temporary OS on a USB stick and copy them from there.
Best way to do this is to log in as root, otherwise the file permissions are not set right.

If you install then don't use Lion, you are on ML and should use the ML files.
I think it is possible to install OS X ML on a USB stick from recovery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.