Artfile, SArtFile.bin and Extras2.rsmc? (or whatever the file thing is)

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by ReverseRev, Dec 30, 2012.

1. ReverseRev macrumors newbie

I need uploades, my buttons look retarded now after i tried to use an outdated theme.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

If you have the OS installer you can extract the files with Pacifist.

3. ReverseRev thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, im downloading Pacifist now, ill reply back with an update.

EDIT: How would i go by finding the Sart files?

----------

i found the Library folder, but i cant find the CoreUI in Private Frameworks.
    Can Sombody post a picture of where it is?

4. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

First you need to tell which OS X version you have, they are probably in the same place but just to be sure.
    With pacifist you need to open OSInstall.mpkg, it will take some time, then press Command-F to find the files needed.
    Strangely I got an error and was unable to open them, ,might be a glitch on My System.

In Leopard they are located in:
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/ArtFile.bin
    /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/CoreUI.framework/Versions/A/Resources/SArtFile.bin
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras2.rsrc
    /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/HIToolbox.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Extras.rsrc

BTW, most theme programs I used before made backups, I guess your didn't.

5. ReverseRev thread starter macrumors newbie

im running mountain lion, i also have the mountain lion disk. When i search for the files, nothing pops up, and it gives me an error sound

6. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I am on a limited Internet connection, if not I would have send you those files.

Maybe some other users here.

You could also try to install a temporary OS on a USB stick and copy them from there.
    Best way to do this is to log in as root, otherwise the file permissions are not set right.

If you install then don't use Lion, you are on ML and should use the ML files.
    I think it is possible to install OS X ML on a USB stick from recovery.