Article...bad news about release date for iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cypress822, Jun 23, 2012.

1. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just a guess, and no better than anyone else's actually
    He has updated his article several times due to responses he has gotten

I wouldn't put any stock in his view over any other
    Truth is, nobody knows and nobody can really predict

2. leman macrumors 604

Just because some guy writes 'I think that this and this is going to happen' does not change ANYTHING about a release date for iMac. The iMac could come even next Tuesday (given that many resellers seem to have problems with their stocks). But all these things you read on the internet are only speculations, unless they include leaked product specs. Just take them all with grain of salt.

Myself, if the iMac isn't here when ML is released, I will be getting a RMBP...

3. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Aye, someone bring us past proof of this guy's predictability accuracy.

4. profets macrumors 68040

My guess would be that if we don't see refreshed iMacs during the ML release then maybe we'll see a redesigned iMac in the fall (without retina). Just a guess though, I'm sure anything can happen. But would be weird for them not to at least refresh them with Ivy Bridge in the next several months.

5. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

The guy's updated his article 3 times. That should tell you something. And just because he created Instapaper doesn't mean he knows anything about Apple's pipeline.

My guess is either in 2 weeks or September.

6. cypress822 thread starter macrumors regular

So, the consensus is the guys full of junk? Cool. But, think about this...what if he wrote an article saying his sources said july 1 release date?

7. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I would say the same thing
    He doesn't know squat and neither does his "sources"

8. Occamsrazr macrumors 6502

The only difference between what he posted and threads on this forum is that he has a different URL on top of his prognostications

9. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

While speculation, what he says does make sense. I'm still predicting an iMac refresh 3rd quarter this year. Same design.

10. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

This.

I respect Marco but he knows no more than we do.

11. Tezcatlipoca macrumors regular

Tezcatlipoca

I don't understand why Apple would (allegedly) wait until the fall if the new iMac wasn't getting a Retina display.

I know many people have speculated that the switch from Radeon to Nvidia for the MBP suggests that Apple will also switch the iMac to use Nvidia...and that therefore that would explain a delay as the appropriate Nvidia card for the high-end iMac won't be available until July. That makes sense. New iMac in July, with the new Nvidia "Kepler" GPUs, and with Mountain Lion.

So why wait until the fall? What else is there to cause a delay, if it won't be getting a Retina display, and the Nvidia GPUs will be available in July?

12. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

The article says "As usual, I have some guesses."

It's simply one persons position. No more, no less.

The only "Bad News" is if someone is so emotionally invested in that over which they have no control. It's generally a good idea to place ones focus on positive things.

Me? I bring my own happiness. :)

13. Rlnplehshalo macrumors regular

The retina 27" display, thunderbolt speed update timing seams plausible, but as us he knows no more.

14. theturn macrumors newbie

the only bad sign is him citing his many sources pushing the release date to fall, I hope those little birdies are wrong because I will have been waiting (and saving) for more than a year for a new iMac at that point.

15. Icy1007 macrumors 6502a

Icy1007

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

16. Overg macrumors 6502

Maybe he doesn't know, but he said from multiple sources, hitch means he probably right...
    Could be iMac small redesign that cause the delay like anti glare screen? Or some more little tweaks.

17. lannisters4life macrumors 6502

I'd take other thread about European iMacs new endangered species status as a better guess than this guy at the moment.

18. Scythe5 macrumors regular

If true, I guess I'll be building a PC instead of getting the new iMac I wanted, once ML is release without new hardware. I should probably start looking at android phones while I am at it, instead of the iPhone 5 I was hoping for later this year. :mad:

19. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

I feel like the author misheard, misunderstood, or "misremembered" his sources in the footnote. Surely they must have meant "by fall" or "before fall".

20. asimmd macrumors regular

When I eventually buy an iMac,it will be my first Mac.

I will wait till ML is released and see if their is an upgrade.

I don't care about Retina,it is not necessary for my needs,but like a lot of others who are waiting,I would hate to buy something,only for Apple to announce a few day's later that the upgraded models were available.

Problem is,how long to wait,as this will be my first Mac,I am hoping Apple will make some sort of statement soon to say just what is happening and so put an and to all the speculation.

Not knowing how Apple work,is this hoping for the impossible?

Alan

21. Scythe5 macrumors regular

At this point....I don't think anyone but Apple knows. This guy has had two updates to the article, so maybe his sources are not sure either.

As far as retina.....I never really thought they would bring it over to large screens. Just how useful would that be on a large screen? (Having said that, I do not do a lot of graphical work).

22. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Yes. When Apple announces a Mac, you are able to buy it no later than the following day.

You hear about iDevices a few weeks in advance because FCC filings would leak them anyway, plus the opportunity to preorder lessens some of the launch day chaos. Macs have neither problem.

23. CycloneX macrumors newbie

My guess as well. Though, I would not be surprised if not in July could be as late as Nov to catch the Christmas season buying.

24. Mike Valmike macrumors 6502a