Article in London Sunday Times newspaper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Apple Architect, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Apple Architect macrumors regular

2. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

The article reads like a hodgepodge of everything that is on every rumor site. Doesn't appear like he has the inside scoop on anything.

3. JadawinUK macrumors newbie

Sounds more like "I put all the rumours I read on the web into the article" article to me.

4. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

No way in my opinion would the hack have had an inside track. Mossberg, yes, Times, no. From what i've heard from the Guardian tech team, they aren't go to hear anything till the WWDC keynote. Why should the Times be any different?

Problems with the article:
    - Lack of references
    - Lack of talk on an inbuilt compass 3G iPhone is very likely to have
    - No actual proper study details to back up saying it had a "clumsy text entry", same with saying texting was "painfully slow". Clustering browsing and email with this slowness, but not mentioning it was fast over wi-fi.
    - EDGE wasn't outdated at the time in the U.S.
    - "With nobody beyond Apple’s walls having yet seen a 3G iPhone " is an outright lie. Mossberg will have had one for at least a week in all likelihood for for starters
    - Blatantly bandying together the rumours recently, rather than critically analysing them (e.g. giving the solar panel possibility any real credibility).
    - Not seeing the larger picture on geolocation and LBS
    - "JupiterResearch, the high-tech analysts." The? The? So there are no other high-tech analysts?
    - Quoting Jeremy Green's dubious logic that Apple’s decision to partner the iPhone exclusively with O2 for the UK meant that "you’re denying yourself three-quarters of the market."

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Nothing new, and nothing cutting edge, which is what I would expect from a newspaper, magazine, and especially MR, this late in the game! :cool:

6. sananda macrumors 68020

although it didn't expressly state that is was a summary of the main rumours, i thought it was a pretty good round-up which i wouldn't particularly expect from some general hack.