Article regarding iphone 5s and cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ABC5S, Sep 16, 2013.

1. ABC5S macrumors 68040

Just be careful about the case one gets for the new iPhone 5s..

"With the iPhone 5s, the Touch ID fingerprint sensor embedded in the device's home button appears to be the biggest change case manufacturers have to compensate for compared to last year's model. As seen in the drawings, the "keepout" area surrounding the button is slightly larger than the iPhone 5c, likely due to the steel ring that encircles the physical input as part of Touch ID's capacitive sensor technology.

As with the iPhone 5, the document notes that no metal should come in contact with the iPhone 5s' chassis. Doing so would cause unwanted attenuation with the integrated antennas, resulting in signal degradation".

http://appleinsider.com/articles/13...ners-offer-peek-at-iphone-5s-and-5c-internals

2. Bazooka-joe macrumors 68000

Bazooka-joe

I have taken a slight gamble and ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid. It was ridiculously cheap on ebay and Spigen claim its compatible so it should be ok and not interfere with the redesigned camera flash on the 5s. I don't fancy the apple leather case much and if the spigen does cause any problems then I am only £11 out of pocket

3. ABC5S thread starter macrumors 68040