Artifacts in Toolbar After Gaming

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyDesktopBroke, Dec 28, 2009.

1. MyDesktopBroke macrumors 6502

Late 2008 MBP 2.53 ghz, Nvidia 9600.

When I use the 9600 to play games (Bioshock in particular), I see little bits from other parts of the screen in the menu bar on the right side after I quit.

I play several other games like Halo, World of Goo, and Heroes of Newerth on the 9400, and there's no problem.

I have several custom menu bar items installed, including SMC fan control, dropbox, and a custom toolbar Apple.

Could my 9600 video card be defective? My computer was a refurbished one, although I've had absolutely no other problems with it. I know that when I game the computer isn't over heating (max temp is 150 f° or 65 c°).

I have Applecare, just in case, but I don't want to drag the computer into an Apple store if the problem isn't a big deal

Attached Files:

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

If it's only in the menubar after quitting i suppose it's a software bug.
    Hardware errors would give you artifacts while playing most likely

3. MyDesktopBroke thread starter macrumors 6502

Something I noticed just after I posted was that my mbp has actually frozen twice under the 9600 when using Firefox. Both times after I quit Bioshock and went online.

The mouse becomes the beach ball and I could still move it, but the mbp was completely unresponsive. The first time I restarted the computer, but the second time I waited for around 40 seconds and it unfroze.