Artifacts on screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by K3mp, Sep 1, 2008.

1. K3mp macrumors 6502

The MBP was bought in Feb and now it has a long line of artifacts on the menu bar. I found a temp. fix by hooking it up to a display, mirroring the display then unplugging it. But when I reboot it is back. This started 2 nights ago. Also When I do the fix everything is fine, but it is a pain to do. Also in iTunes video does play fine during the fix but when the artifacts are there video sucks. also the little x in itunes to x out a movie shows up fine. Right now the GPU temp is going between 57 and 67 degrees Fahrenheit. It is a SR with a 128 MB video card.

2. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

Picture??? I dont really understand what you are saying.

3. K3mp thread starter macrumors 6502

Heres one some. I did my temp. fix to get the menu bar ones away. I also forgot to mention I did an archive and install.

Attached Files:

4. operator207 macrumors 6502

I have not seen that before, but it looks like the "Blue Matrix" has you. ;)

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

Always in the same place or do the artefacts move around?

6. K3mp thread starter macrumors 6502

they are consistant on the menu bar but every once in a while if a open a window with something moving I get some. Sorry it took so long to reply the hurricane just came through the power is out and I'm posting from a friend's iPhone 3g because my 1st ten iphone can't get a signal.:eek:

7. newbie jnr macrumors member

8. ajhaji macrumors regular

Does your MBP have an NVIDIA graphics chip in it? Could be on the verge of failing. Time to send it in for repair!

9. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

This might help you: http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=6148716&postcount=26

In sum,
    Log out and log back in again and see if the problem persists.

If fixed, to avoid this problem in the future:
    Log out before you ever sleep your computer.

I'm not sure if your specific issue will be fixed by this graphics-problem-workaround that I found on another forum, but give it a try and let us know how it goes.

If this workaround fixes your problem, it will prove that the MBP's graphics issues come from sleep-->awake and awake-->sleep actions.

10. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Reminds me a little of my problem that is happening. I haven't taken the time to have Apple look at it yet, but i think I should.

Thread.