Artist picture missing on iphone.

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by DaGrandMastah, Feb 27, 2014.

1. DaGrandMastah macrumors 6502a

So I have a very odd scenario coming up on my iphone. I loaded up 2 new artists the other day (everything is set to sync automatically) and it loaded up the artwork for the artists perfectly fine. A couple of days later it disappeared and now it won't come back. I tried everything. I removed the artist from the iphone, resynced and nothing. The odd thing is, if I change the name of the artist and add an extra character at the end then it will sync WITH artwork...but as soon as I change it back to the actual artists name I lose the arwork again.

Anyone hve any idea why it's doing this and what can be done to fix it?

2. RemarkabLee macrumors 6502a

Sounds like an iTunes Library issue or the Album Artwork folder corruption?

Personally I like to embed my artwork into the MP3/MP4 files themselves - http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/ss.php?sp=embedart.

You can try embedding the artwork for the problematic album, then rename it back to the correct name - it should stick then.

UPDATE: You may want to use the Re-Embed script instead, for Mavericks compatibility.

3. DaGrandMastah thread starter macrumors 6502a

But the problem isn't that the album artwork isn't working...it's that the artist isn't showing a picture. Once I go into the artist selection all of the albums show the artwork as they should.