Artist pictures changed in music app?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MisterBigMack, Sep 28, 2013.

1. MisterBigMack macrumors member

When I started downloading and putting music on my phone the art next to artist name was an album but as of yesterday the picture has changed to the artist itself, I'm guessing from somewhere from iTunes?

Attached Files:

2. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Same thing here. I sort of dislike it. At least I wish there was a choice between seeing the album artwork (or some other picture) that I've picked myself and having the artist picture be provided by the iTunes store...

3. Altis macrumors 68030

There's some posts about this in the iOS 7 Music App thread.

I think it's silly because it takes up so much visual space (can only see 3.5 artists at once on my 4S), and I can't recognize anyone anyways... all the photos are tiny, artistic (black and white, high contrast) of a person or small group of people. You likely have never seen the photo before, so it's of no use when browsing.

/rant. Sorry!

4. bobright macrumors 601

Can you point me to the iOS7 music app thread? I'm on the fence about upgrading from iOS6. I use the iPod app quite a bit and I hear it's changed a lot. Not sure I want to upgrade just yet.

5. Macman45 macrumors G5

Macman45

The same thing happened on my ( now sold) IP5 when I upgraded to IOS7..the weird thing is that NONE of the album art has changed in iTunes at all, and even syncing the phone didn't put the correct artwork back...It wasn't wrong, just different. I'm waiting to see what happens when my new phone comes.

6. Altis macrumors 68030

Sorry for the delay, but here it is...

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1601540

It's a lengthy read by now. Personally, the music app is just about dead to me. It's too cumbersome to use while exercising or driving now unless it's just on shuffle. It'll play "music", just not if you're looking for exact songs, unless you're willing to locate them.

7. bobright macrumors 601

No problem, silly me I actually had a couple posts in there but couldn't recall it. I don't post much in the iOS7 section thanks lol