Artwizz seejacket and Switch easy Capsule

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by brentg33, Dec 9, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

hey, i was look at these two cases, has anyone used them and have any advice on which is better?
    thanks
    brent

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Well you can read some reviews here:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/11892/

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipod/review/switcheasy-capsule-for-iphone/

I'm really curious to hear just how THICK these cases are as I am looking for the slimmest case out there. I'm currently using the Seidio Rubberized one, it's thin but it feels pretty cheaply made.

The SwitchEasy definately includes a LOT of accessories: headset adapter, dock adapter, pin protector, stand.... wow I may just go ahead and get this case!!!

3. PDE macrumors 68020

Yeah, I use the seidio too and love the looks and feel but it is pretty cheaply made I guess. Would love something sturdier - the German one looks supercool and sturdy.

4. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks
    i wish they gave a grade to the switch easy....i think i like the artwizz....but im unsure about the front screen protector and no belt clip kinda sucks.....are there any other good iphone acc. review sites?

5. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I couldn't wait and just went ahead and bought the Switcheasy capsule. I'll let you know how I like it when I receive it.

6. brentg33 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok thanks, please do keep me updated...i currently have the contour showcase...which is pretty nice and seems very protective...i just want something a bit less bulky.
    brent

7. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I just received my Switcheasy case! Initial thoughts:

1. It is very slim, only very slightly thicker than the Seidio Rubberized case. It feels much slimmer than the Agent 18 Eco Case and doesn't add much bulk at all.

2. I can't get the protective screen cover to work. It has no adhesive, it just uses pressure from the case to fit against the screen. I don't much like the way that it feels, it takes a lot away from the sensitivity of the screen, and it's hard to clear the moisture smudges. It also seriously desensitizes the home button.

3. I was kind of disappointed to find out that the adapter dock doesn't work with the iphone dock, it's intended to work with speakers only. It's not a fault of the Switcheasy, just that I expected something else.

4. The fit of the case is pretty nice, no creaks or protrusions of plastic. The case seems to be made of very high quality plastic. The only small issue is that if I do not use the included screen protector, the plastic case does not entirely cover the chrome around the iPhone. It leaves a bit of the bottom chrome showing... a slight annoyance.

5. In terms of "grippy-ness" it definitely offers more grip than the Agent 18, but it's not as much grip as I would like. I guess I am just used to the slight grippy-ness of the Seidio case.

6. I'm going to try to get an advanced exchange to see if I can get a case that covers all of the chrome, but for the most part I do like this case!

8. kaidoy021 macrumors member