Artwork Changing?

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
So I've noticed over the last few weeks that some movies are changing artwork to like some default cover which in general are pretty horrible. Here's a typical example. So far Battle Los Angeles, Chappie, Close Encounter and Passenger.

Anyone else seeing this. They are the same either in iTunes or on The ATV

?
Screenshot 2018-11-12 at 20.38.23.png

Böhme417

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
I've seen this with several titles as they change in the store. I wish there was a way to prevent it. The ones that annoyed me the most were those movies rereleased last year with the halloween art covers (Black Sawn, Killer Clowns from Outer Space, Poltergeist, etc.).

RomanEmpire

macrumors member
May 29, 2018
Vienna
i think it‘s the respective studio wanting to promote certain movies or adapt covers to certain events, e.g. halloween or christmas.

the artwork usually changes back after 1 week or 2

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
i think it‘s the respective studio wanting to promote certain movies or adapt covers to certain events, e.g. halloween or christmas.

the artwork usually changes back after 1 week or 2
Seems a bit random and not had any turn back yet.

Sakurambo-kun

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2015
UK
Unfortunately this type of stuff has happened for years, with artwork almost without exception getting ever worse. If anyone has the Harry Potter movies you had better brace yourself, the already mediocre (at best) covers are being swapped out for amateur hour Photoshop monstrosities. They're so awful I was genuinely surprised how they could have been signed off. They may well be the worst covers on any mainstream movies I have ever seen.

Reactions: tonyr6

Suspended
Original poster
May 3, 2011
Unfortunately this type of stuff has happened for years, with artwork almost without exception getting ever worse. If anyone has the Harry Potter movies you had better brace yourself, the already mediocre (at best) covers are being swapped out for amateur hour Photoshop monstrosities. They're so awful I was genuinely surprised how they could have been signed off. They may well be the worst covers on any mainstream movies I have ever seen.
I had noticed the HP series changing, probably due to "celebrate" the new film and help promo sales of the old movies. However, this is a different issue as these seems o be like a place holder as the formats are all the same.
Here's more of the same default looking artwork. Seems more movies are joining to the club too :/

Attachments

Last edited: