...As a Morning Alarm?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by HappyDude20, Dec 26, 2008.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I have a bose dock for my ipod touch and would love to use it to wake me up in the morning.

Does anyone here use their Touch to wake them up?

I would hate to use the Clock alarm with those default lame sounds, any recommendations?

Of course I think we'd all love to wake up to our music or a podcast or something.

Or are there any other alternatives? like an app from the app store that can wake me up with soothing sounds or something alike?

2. Skonix macrumors newbie

Sure

I don't use my itouch to wake me up (yet), but it is definitely possible as the clock application that it comes with allows you to set alarms. There is also a free clock application that makes your itouch look like a digital alarmclock, I'm not sure what the name is but it is normally in the top 50 free apps.
    As far as a speaker dock is concerned, they have decent docks at Big Lots (if you have one near you) for about 10 bucks normally, and they work well.

3. iOwnxD macrumors member

Its called Night Stand.

4. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

it's a shame the Touch hasn't got standards like a FM radio or wake to music feature built in :(

i had my ihome for Christmas, blimmin marvelous it is. wakes me up to music lovely (but, still no radio. i needed to download an app for that)

http://www.ihomeintl.com/gallery_medium/10100_74_1.jpg

5. dcbo89 macrumors member

if there is a way to get the alarm to use music instead of those tones i'd be very happy to learn it. And nightstand does not do that, its just a clock

6. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I use the "lame" sounds to wake up too.:D