Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HappyDude20

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Los Angeles, Ca
I have a bose dock for my ipod touch and would love to use it to wake me up in the morning.

Does anyone here use their Touch to wake them up?

I would hate to use the Clock alarm with those default lame sounds, any recommendations?

Of course I think we'd all love to wake up to our music or a podcast or something.

Or are there any other alternatives? like an app from the app store that can wake me up with soothing sounds or something alike?

Skonix

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2008
Sure

I don't use my itouch to wake me up (yet), but it is definitely possible as the clock application that it comes with allows you to set alarms. There is also a free clock application that makes your itouch look like a digital alarmclock, I'm not sure what the name is but it is normally in the top 50 free apps.
As far as a speaker dock is concerned, they have decent docks at Big Lots (if you have one near you) for about 10 bucks normally, and they work well.

iOwnxD

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
I don't use my itouch to wake me up (yet), but it is definitely possible as the clock application that it comes with allows you to set alarms. There is also a free clock application that makes your itouch look like a digital alarmclock, I'm not sure what the name is but it is normally in the top 50 free apps.
As far as a speaker dock is concerned, they have decent docks at Big Lots (if you have one near you) for about 10 bucks normally, and they work well.

Its called Night Stand.

dcbo89

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
if there is a way to get the alarm to use music instead of those tones i'd be very happy to learn it. And nightstand does not do that, its just a clock

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.