As a PC user (soon to be Mac) Im worried...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by electronique, Sep 1, 2008.

1. electronique macrumors 6502

Hi..

I (hope) soon to be a MBP user, as I will be going to College and needing a Mac for the applications I will be learning.

Im worried at all the problems I see here with MBP's.. I have only been here for a week or so and see things like, GPU heat issue, Screen issues, etc etc..

Now Im hoping its just because the 99% of MBP owners DONT post here and DONT have problems.. And that the 1% of people who DO have issues, are posting here to rectify the problems they are having?

Can the Average Joe safely purchase a MBP, and use it for the next few years with NO problems??

:rolleyes:

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Generally, that is the case. If everything is fine, why post about it? The MBPs are rumored to be updated soon, so you might consider waiting to make your purchase, unless you need it right now.

3. electronique thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah cool. I figured.. *Fingers crossed - Lets hope im not that 1%*

Question.. Do you know if Mac release thier Notebook/Computer range World Wide - at the same time?? Or do they do a US release first.. then a *rest of the world*

I live in Australia.. Dont really want to wait 6 months..

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

They release them at the same time.

5. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

from what i remember, the releases are worldwide simultanious (to the second) releases for big announcements (i.e. macword, WWDC ect.) and on the same calander day for other upgrades. i.e. if apple says theyre upgrading the macbook (for eaample) next tuesday, then next tuesday you can walk into an apple store and walk out with said new macbook, or order online that day

6. electronique thread starter macrumors 6502

:D

7. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree completely. The MBP is an excellent machine, powerful, great performance, superb screen, excellent spec, aesthetically attractive. With the one year warranty (and AppleCare which would cover you for a further two years) you are covered by Apple for repairs/replacement should anything go wrong. I'm a recent switcher, having bought my splendid MBP in April. Wait for the updates, and buy a new model then, or buy a refurb, as they will quite likely be discounted generously.

Cheers and good luck