Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

As an MBA owner, do you also own AAPL stock?

• Yes

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 48.5%

• Total voters

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I think Apple products are great. I also think their stock is undervalued. Although I usually separate a company's products/services from their stock, IMHO owning both the products and stock in Apple seem like a magical combination.

VMMan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2009
I wonder if owning AAPL shares makes us more likely to purchase the i7 BTO MBAs or if it makes us more likely to tell others on the forums to NOT exchange their MBAs for the Samsung whatever...

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
I've had shares in Apple well before I was a Mac owner. I normally don't even think about it and it does not at all affect my buying decisions or recommendations to people. When I first got my MBA, there was really no other ultra-portable alternatives, today there are several. If I was in the market for an ultra portable today I'd be strongly considering the Sony Vaio Z series over the MBA

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I want into the stock market and I've been considering buying AAPL stock for a few months now. Would you say it is worth the investment at this time?

I do not own a MBA I have a MBP.

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Not trying to be rude but I don't see the point of narrowing it down to the MacBook Air. I think a better poll would have been

As a owner of Apple products, do you also own AAPL stock?

bacan1

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I make it a rule that every time I spend money on Apple, I have to spend at least an equal amount on AAPL shares. Seems to have worked well so far!

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
I make it a rule that every time I spend money on Apple, I have to spend at least an equal amount on AAPL shares. Seems to have worked well so far!

It must be expensive. How do you do it when the Apple product you buy is less then the value of one share for instance Lion.

B.Chang

macrumors member
Jun 9, 2011
One of my co workers is now putting all of his savings in Apple stock. He seems to think it's safer than keeping it in USD at banks; hopefully Apple will rise in value faster than the USD drops!

I personally wouldn't do that, but to each his own. :]

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.