As anyone tried these iPhone 3G case from Case-Mate

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Flyyvon, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Flyyvon macrumors member

Hi everyone.
    I just got my iPhone 3G and, like a lot of you guy's, i'm looking for the perfect case for it. I need something i will be able to put on my belt so did anyone of you tried one of these two cases?

iPhone 3G Signature Line Case/Holster Combo
    here's the link: http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/Signature-Leather-iPhone-3G-Combo

or the:
    The Hipster for iPhone 3G
    and the link: http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/The-Hipster-for-iPhone-3G

I really want some comments from people that tried some of these two cases or similar one's.

Thank you in advance for your comments.

Yvon.

2. GraceWu macrumors newbie

I have seen the video for introduce the case mate. The protection is powerful. But i think just thick a little bit.

3. fandsw macrumors regular

Agreed, I got the Signature line one with holster. Great protection, a little too thick. Hard to use around the edge of the screen due to thickness. Will not allow it too sit in a standard cradle (without the iphone inlay). Also very hard to remove from holster.

I'm looking at other options...

4. egis macrumors member

As anyone tried these iPhone 3G case from Case-Mate

The combination looks terrific. I have something similar to the naked case already and am looking for a hip holder for it and I do not like having the phone in my pocket...the only thing I worry about is the magnetic snap. The snap may interfere with reception via the phone's internal antennas.

I would be interested in learning if any one has experienced interference using this holster (that is, for example - no indication (ring or vibe) that a call came in while the phone was in the holster until one discovers a voice mail message or missed call).

thanks

egis

5. Flyyvon thread starter macrumors member

Thank's guys for the replies. The only thing with the ultra slim case suggested by GraceWu is there's no belt clip so no other ways to transport your iPhone than to put it in your pocket. Unless i didn't look properly. I already use a Capsule Rebel from SwitchEasy and love it but would really prefer not having my iPhone with my keys and change.

Yvon.

6. Bitgod macrumors regular

Bitgod

Yup, I agree with that too. I had the casemate case for my first iphone and got this one for the 3G, and I have trouble with the screen edges too. Other than that, I like the case. I may end up twisting my arm and getting a Vaja though, I've always wanted one.

7. denkigroove macrumors newbie

I got the Hipster case. Very well made with exceptional protection as the shell is pretty solid and wrapped in really soft leather. I like the permanent clip as its much more secure and sturdy than the other adjustable types as they usually break. The magnet clip is a better use than the velcro types.

The biggest issue is it is made only for the 3G in it's nake state. Meaning it fits really tight with a skin (like BSE), as it causes the top power button to get pressed every time I put it into the case. I'm afraid the button may get stuck or damaged in the long run.

I think a little more room for the top button and this case would be perfect.

8. Kaushal macrumors member

I had got casemate signature leather from ATT store in NYC when i had my iphone 1st gen last year. Its the most perfect case i ever used. Excellent quality.

Just upgraded to iphone 3G and ordered the black color carbon fibre leather case online.....awaiting the delivery :p

http://www.case-mate.com/phones/apple3G/carbonfiberiphone3Gcases

didnt go for the holster, as i am pretty sure that my previous holster will fit in here ;)

1 more important thing. there is a 25% discount code if you participate in some survey on their site www.case-mate.com

I took part in it & got 25% off on the 50$ case :D :D

9. GraceWu macrumors newbie

I agree with you. I don't like the case with belt clip. May be it is useful for holding in belt. But it is looking old style. I always put my iphone in the bag. The belt clip is not useful.

10. DaytonaJae macrumors newbie

11. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I had the case-mate like this with my first iPhone V1. I bought the Belkin leather wrapped hard case for the 3G. Now that I use the Neo, I have a few cases, practically brand new I don't use. If you're interested in them, I can do $15 shipped.

I have 2 of each of the following...

Attached Files: