iPad mini As excited as I was about my new mini

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HowardSmith, Nov 3, 2012.

1. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

It is going back.:(

Was going to replace one of my two iPads but after using the mini for only 4-5 hours, it is not worth giving up the display quality and screen size.

For many the mini will be a great device but for me, we'll I am too used to the retina screen and size of the screen/keyboard for it to ever make me happy. My LTE iPad 4 will arrive later this month. I purchased the mini out of curiosity and that has now been satisfied. ;)

2. sbb155 macrumors 6502

return policy

What is the apple store return policy for the mini in the USA? I once bought a computer years ago there, and there was a restocking fee.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If its open then you pay a 10% restocking fee, and you only have 14 days for a return. Some managers may waive the restocking fee, but if you bought it online I think you have to return it online and so there's no option of it getting waived

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Not correct. No restocking fee and you can buy online and return to store. I know because we've done this.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You're right, looks like apple did away with the restocking fee.

I was told by a manager (last year) that they will only accept returns bought from the store and online purchases need to be processed by apple.com. I don't see anything in writing but at the very least they were unwilling to take back what I was returning then.

6. token787 macrumors regular

token787

No restocking fee and can return in store w/in 14 days. If bought online you have option to return online or in store. I have done both. Most non-apple stores have moved to 30 days return.