As long as the Apple Store states that an iPhone 6+ is unavailable...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Johnny Steps, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

It'll simply mean that correct? A lot of online store inventories have lied before, but because this is Apple they're usually on the dot with their stuff correct?

I'm just curious because I'd like to be able to walk in sometime and just pick an iPhone.. but I suppose my chances will be extremely slim until mid-October at best huh?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Bingo.

The 6+ is in short supply, everyone's just gotta deal with it.

Good luck finding one OP.

3. bozzykid macrumors 68020

It isn't a lie about inventory but personal pickup inventory is different than store inventory. They keep more stock for walkins than for personal pickup. I went Thursday and my local Apple Store had several different models of the 6+ in stock even though none were listed on the website. But yeah, the 6+ is in short supply.

4. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Thank you very much! Oh yeah I'm dealing with it seeing all the funny threads regarding the bending ha ha :D

5. mas90guru macrumors member

Check online both late in the day - around 5-7p local time and early morning -5-6am.

I've seen various models come in and out of stock. It's a matter of being patient and continuing to check online.

6. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Oh really? Hmm.. then perhaps there is a slight chance huh? Ah it's all ready 11:35am though where I'm at. The Apple Store closest to me is about a 30 minute drive. I doubt they'd have any at this time now.

7. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

Exactly. I was told this by an Apple employee when purchasing an rMini. It was listed as unavailable on the website, but when I went to the store to get a color that was available, the color I wanted was also there. Apple likes to keep stock in the store for customers that come in. They also get deliveries daily and not always at the same time so if you are near an Apple store it is worth a try. You can call to find out if they have one available, but they won't hold it for you.

8. bozzykid macrumors 68020

Just give them a call and see.

9. dave420 macrumors 65816

The opposite is true as well. I went to an Apple Store and they said they were out of stock even though the web site said they were "available today" both before and after we left the store. We hadn't ordered online because the person I was with wasn't 100% sure which model they wanted.

As you said the store inventory is different from the online pickup inventory.

10. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

So I've give them a call and checked online. Both unavailable! Ah well, guess I'll try next week lol.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I'd say mid October you can walk into the Apple store and buy whatever phone you want

12. Manny72 macrumors member

I went through the same thing here in Michigan, I finally gave up and put in a order online. Hopefully my ship Date will get moved up from 3-4 Weeks.