As my hands get dry, fingerprint not working

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bking1000, Oct 30, 2013.

1. bking1000 macrumors 6502a

I am having to reset my fingerprint more and more often as the weather gets cold and my fingers get dry and chapped. The downside to fingerprint ID. More of a fair weather thing??

2. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I have very, very dry skin... I was having to reset my finger prints ever 2 days. I now have my sensor working almost every time . Sounds nuts but I took 4 scans of my left thumb, two laying my thumb print side ways and two prints
    Vertical . Today, it's been one week since my last scan , works 99% of the time. Try it

3. bking1000 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like that idea. Several takes on the same finger. Hadn't thought of that before. Thanks!

4. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

It sounds nuts but taking my 4 scans of my same thumb worked. The first set of 4 scans only worked 2 days . I tried again and I'm now on a week with the same scans. Let me know if it works for you. Take the scans with your dry fingers... Don't put lotion on even a hour before scans. Hope it works for you, it was driving me nuts. If that isn't help try returning your phone to Apple, maybe that will solve it.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm noticing this a lot, too. Sometimes it works just fine. Other times, it just won't register, no matter what.