(ASAP) Jailbreakme 4.0 custom to RedSnow 4.3.1

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Warp-Master, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Warp-Master macrumors newbie

I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch which I jailbroke at (4.0) with JailBreakMe.com from COMEX.

Recently I have been getting glitches, and crashes, I would like to update to 4.3.1

This is my first JailBroken device and I am just curious as to go about this safely.

What I thought to do is Restore my iPod in iTunes, Update it to the 4.3.1 Version and then run RedSnow on it. Is there more that I need to do?

2. bizzle macrumors 6502a

Sounds like quite the emergency... right. It's an iPod. Just restore it.

3. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie

4. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Yeah, you'll be good to go after you update it. There's nothing else needed.

5. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie

6. aNYthing24 macrumors member

I don't think you need to restore. I didn't to do that. I upgraded to 4.3.1 and jailbroke my iPod right after the redsn0w update came out.

7. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie

8. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Hold on, I didn't see you jailbroke it already. You should restore then. My bad.

9. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay then :D
    Yeah Idk if JailBreakMe will be making one for 4.3.1 but I don't follow Comex so I may as well just do RedSnow.

Thanks

10. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie

I have restored my iPod Touch 3rd Generation to 4.2.1 and I am currently trying to jailbreak it with RedSnow using the 4.2.1 Custom Firmware. I am able to point the program to the file on my desktop, and I put my iPod in to DFU Mode so the jailbreak can take place.

However when I am told to keep pressing home and the jailbreak starts, it stop's at "Please wait while your device is being processed: Exploiting with limera1n"

It loads what looks to be 60% and just stops, I even left it Exploiting for an hour and nothing.

Please give advice as to solve this.

11. Warp-Master thread starter macrumors newbie