Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cold mountain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Greetings all! New to all this, so I trust I'm in the right place...
My question:
For the past several months I have been using Asda's T711(black) inkjets without any problem. Lately, however, in one packet (two for £8), the first one
worked without any problems. Then I placed the second one in from the same pack and-it would not work-spent hours on it fiddling about to no avail!
I bought another packet of two-same problem again.
Apparently it's Epson who actually supply them to Asda.
Any suggestions please? Grateful for any help.
Thanks.:confused:
Make: Epson stylus DX4450.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Contact epsom

cold mountain

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2011
Contact Epson????

Why contact Epson? They'll only say: buy Epson's own! You know-the
grossly overpriced inkjets.
Anyone else with a sensible answer please?
Thanks.

davegoody

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
Nottingham, England.
Contact ASDA

Why contact Epson? They'll only say: buy Epson's own! You know-the
grossly overpriced inkjets.
Anyone else with a sensible answer please?
Thanks.

If the cartridges are defective, contact ASDA.... take them back to their customer service desk and they will almost certainly swap them....... Keep your receipt. Generic inks are GREAT value compared to OEM but this is a perennial issue, especially with Epson IMHO as have had similar issues myself.

GoKyu

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2007
New Orleans
Not to be too cliche (I hope), but you do get what you pay for. I stay with Epson's "overpriced" cartridges because they give me much better color, longer life, and they don't fail nearly as often as the generics do. (Yes, several years ago, I was forced to be cheap with the inks because I just couldn't afford the Epson branded ones with as much (home) printing as I did.)

The hassle isn't worth it to me. If it's worth it to you, great, but then you're gonna have to go through whoever you bought them from. I see you spent "hours" fiddling around with it. Was the time worth it for the couple of bucks you saved?

I'm in technology sales, and even though our "private brand" (read: generic) inks are a better profit for us, I *still* recommend the name brand, whichever it is, Epson, HP, Brother, etc, because for most people, the hassle just isn't worth it.

You might try a third-party dealer who sells the original cartridges wholesale. I go to Atlex.com to get originals at a decent discount (certainly off retail price), maybe there's something similar for you in the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.