ASF Converter?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thesdx, Aug 22, 2007.

1. thesdx macrumors 6502a

Does anyone know of a good, free program that will convert ASF files to MOV or MPEG? I've looked around, but I can only find free trials of stuff you have to buy.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

There is no need to do this. Flip4Mac plays Windows Media 9 just fine. ASF is not a media format. ASF files are pointers to streaming Windows Media. Didn't ever wonder why ASF files are so small?

3. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here's my situation: I have some videos that I'd like to edit in iMovie, but they won't import because they are "ASF". How can you convert or encode them so that iMovie will recognize them?

4. numlock macrumors 68000

if you have the files on your computer and they arent just streams you could use isquint to convert it to mp4.

5. thesdx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I've tried Flip4Mac, but it's just another free trial. Is there a freeware alternative?

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Oh, for Pete's sake. People are not playing tricks on you. Paying the fee allows you to convert other formats to Windows Media [if you have QuickTime Pro]. As a free download, Flip4Mac plays Windows Media 9 and older just fine. You don't need to pay the fee for Flip4Mac.