.asf to .mov (or any VCD file)

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
I have a .asf file and want to use toast to make it into a vcd file. What should I do?

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
reykjavik said:
I have a .asf file and want to use toast to make it into a vcd file. What should I do?

c'mon...somebody has got to know the answer to this....

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
You mean to tell me that not one of you people on this forum know how to turn an asf into a .MOV or a .AVI or a .MPEG-4 or divx or anything besides an .asf and a .wmv?? Can I really be the first person in the history of macintosh that has come across this problem?

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
reykjavik said:
You mean to tell me that not one of you people on this forum know how to turn an asf into a .MOV or a .AVI or a .MPEG-4 or divx or anything besides an .asf and a .wmv?? Can I really be the first person in the history of macintosh that has come across this problem?
As long as its not a Windows Media 9 (inside the avi or wmv), try VLC to redirect the output (its in the preferences somewhere) to either an uncompressed or MP4 or something.

This is something that is better done on a windows machine because unlike WiMP on OSX, WiMP on windows can actually un-encode too...